Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very good self help book laying out basic actions that you do almost every day towards a long term goal of transforming yourself and having Grace in life, little (or not so little) rewards/suprises/and goodies that come more often the more you practice simply for no reward, simply for the sake of practice itself.

Main thingies:

ITP Kata: A combination of yoga, stretching, a light complete and balanced workout, finished with meditation.

Affirmations: 4 goals you make for a 6 or 12 month duration. The book describes how you might want to pick these, and work on them, and all in all avery good section on affirmations in general.

So to sum up...

Read this book if you want to think more on long term practice to help change who you are, to make yourself more balanced, vital, and healthy.

(I've been following it for about a month now, and I do believe I am benefitting.)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well since you are interested, an update:

I stopped doing the IPT Kata and in general everything but the philosophy of this book, which has continued to help me greatly. (Grace = stalwart practice for no reward other than the practice itself) After my appendecitis.

But, I still believe the book has alot to offer, and should I ever commit myself to a weekly exercize regimine, I'll definately pick up the Kata again.

Good luck with everything Sabbath!

-Colin

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"The Life We Are Given" is the Title,

and George Leonard is the author. Known on his work of "Mastery" which was based of aikido priniciples, which he applied to his daily life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts