Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sucking at things is great!
With me, my entire existence is sucky and loserish and average.
So let's all embrace our eternal suckiness and be happy
I'll start us off:

• I'm apparently a nice, friendly guy, yet I am somehow amazing at making people feel uncomfortable and awkward.
  • I'm psychologically masochistic (like, I get off on women mentally beating me), so that guarantees a weird mental mind anyways.
  • I LOVE video games and Anime, so much so that I am apathetic towards any other interests.
  • I suck at sports.
  • I suck at non verbal communication (I always look how I DON'T feel)
  • I suck at verbal communication.
  • I'm suck at being a cool introvert.
  • I'm suck at being a cool extrovert.
  • I refer to "people" as "humans" 90% of the time.
  • I make up random stuff such as "Great minus Great" in order to put my eternal suckiness into perspective. I sucked at that too.
  • I sometimes hate this world, because it's not like all of the video games that I play and imagine.

• I suck too badly psychologically in order to get a girlfriend (jokes on her, I just wanted to be sex buddies anyways!)
  • Many humans, (even people on this site) think I should go to therapy. They are probably right.
  • I can fantasize about being a Pokemon master for days, yet I can't stand to be in Starbucks for 37 seconds.
  • Alongside that, I dislike most social conventions anyways, and of course, I suck at them too.
  • I'm very neurotic: I get angry over meaningless things, like incorrect spelling and grammar.
  • I can rarely physically handle myself out there: I have terrible motor skills (why I suck at sports).
  • I think that I am one of the few people that can creep out people by complimenting them.
  • I'm attracted to pretty girls' eyes: so much so that I continually stare at them.
  • I hate my eyes (because they are black: you can't even see the pupils), and they probably make other people uncomfortable too.
  • I suck at talking to humans without being awkward, I always end up complimenting their bodies (if they are girls) or appearing weak if they are male.
  • I suck at being intimidating, so kids and other humans feel safe around me, probably because they could beat me if need be.
  • I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE the word "opportunity".

• I have a great imagination because my head is warped by countless video games. Due to this, I suffer from Maladaptive Daydreaming.
  • I dislike art, despite me wanting to have a cartoon of my own when I grow up.
  • I'm kinda antagonistic, and analytical.
  • I think I am one of the few humans that can have their English teacher say that they were a pervert, have the class pity me, and have one guy think that I am a necrophiliac from simply handing in a reflective essay.
  • I believe that most humans aren't as good as they seem, and that humans are more animal than we think
And the absolute worst, I created this thread to find people that suck as much as I do in order to try and make friends.

So don't feel bad if you suck eternally, the League of Eternal Suckiness is here, so we can all be friends and suck together!

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to me you sound like an awesome person
I'd love to hang out with you IRL.
How so? Don't get me wrong: I deeply appreciate your compliments, but most people would be scared of me after this.
Oh and btw, if you want to join the League, you have to write all of your suckiness down.

Or not, I'm not really bothered.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh, I guess there aren't people who think the suck eternally. I new I should've changed the name lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
You seem pretty comfortable in self-loathing. I just want to warn you that once your mind get used to think in negative it's very difficult to come back. It also gets worse with the years.

You build your own opinion about how your life is and will be, how you suck right now and how nothing good will come out of this pathetic existence, and then it happens what you least expect: success, compliments from people, congratulations... and you ask yourself why. Your mind doesn't know how to handle success. Reality collides with your self-perception and that leads to paranoia and self-identity crisis. Success can mess with your head as much as failure if you can't accept it. I suggest you to be open to the idea of improvement. I'm speaking from experience.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
You and I would get along so well. The only things on your list I can't relate to are the psychologically masochistic and reflective essay parts.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You seem pretty comfortable in self-loathing.
Whoa, slow down there. I don't hate myself one bit. Now self deprecation maybe, but LOATHING? That's a pretty radical claim.

I just want to warn you that once your mind get used to think in negative it's very difficult to come back. It also gets worse with the years.
It does?

You build your own opinion about how your life is and will be, how you suck right now and how nothing good will come out of this pathetic existence, and then it happens what you least expect: success, compliments from people, congratulations... and you ask yourself why.
Well, shouldn't I ask why?

Your mind doesn't know how to handle success. Reality collides with your self-perception and that leads to paranoia and self-identity crisis. Success can mess with your head as much as failure if you can't accept it.
If success can mess with your mind, then why are we striving to succeed? Unless it's a "good" mess with your mind.

Of course I don't know how to handle success lol, I've never really succeeded in anything in my life! Sure, I may have good grades, but it's just simple rote memorization. And I don't really have any real interests in life that can lead to my success anyways (other than my ability to effectively draw big-breasted ladies with giant swords), and even then it will be pretty hard.

Since I never really felt "success", my brain can't really handle it, because it doesn't really know what to handle in the first place. But I imagine once I do feel it, it will be pretty simple: just success.

I suggest you to be open to the idea of improvement.
I am ALWAYS open to improvement. I just suck at improving in the first place.

I'm speaking from experience.
Oh? And how did you "improve?"

·
Registered
428 Posts
Whoa, slow down there. I don't hate myself one bit. Now self deprecation maybe, but LOATHING? That's a pretty radical claim.
Sorry, I wanted to say self-deprecation, my mistake. English is not my first language.

Yes, pessimism is increasing every year, at least in my case.

Well, shouldn't I ask why?
I'm not saying you shouldn't. But when something good happens to me, I always think it's because of luck or if someone compliments me I automatically think that there are hidden intentions (aka paranoia).

If success can mess with your mind, then why are we striving to succeed? Unless it's a "good" mess with your mind.

Of course I don't know how to handle success lol, I've never really succeeded in anything in my life! Sure, I may have good grades, but it's just simple rote memorization. And I don't really have any real interests in life that can lead to my success anyways (other than my ability to effectively draw big-breasted ladies with giant swords), and even then it will be pretty hard.

Since I never really felt "success", my brain can't really handle it, because it doesn't really know what to handle in the first place. But I imagine once I do feel it, it will be pretty simple: just success.

I am ALWAYS open to improvement. I just suck at improving in the first place.
Success is good, but only if you think you deserve it. I think we should aim at being in peace with ourselves in first place.

Oh? And how did you "improve?"
I improved a bit, mostly through failure. It took me a lot of mistakes to start doing some things right. I'm getting better in some aspects but getting worse in others.
I can talk loud in class, give presentations or make eye contact with a light degree of anxiety . I can pass as normal most of the time. However I still freak out when I deal with confrontations. I'm having a panic attack as I write this. I hope I haven't offended you, if so I apologise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Heh, I was pretty much like you when I was 17, and people described me as being an elitist lol. I still can't figure out if that's a good or bad thing, but at least you possess the ability to be passionate about something. That fire in me burned out when I turned 25 and I'd kill to feel that way about anything again.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I wanted to say self-deprecation, my mistake. English is not my first language.
Oh, that's cool.

Yes, pessimism is increasing every year, at least in my case.
Does the same effect occur with optimism? I'm not very optimistic, I'm just curious.

I'm not saying you shouldn't. But when something good happens to me, I always think it's because of luck or if someone compliments me I automatically think that there are hidden intentions (aka paranoia).
Success is good, but only if you think you deserve it. I think we should aim at being in peace with ourselves in first place.
But I am at peace with myself.

I improved a bit, mostly through failure. It took me a lot of mistakes to start doing some things right. I'm getting better in some aspects but getting worse in others.
I can talk loud in class, give presentations or make eye contact with a light degree of anxiety . I can pass as normal most of the time. However I still freak out when I deal with confrontations. I'm having a panic attack as I write this. I hope I haven't offended you, if so I apologise.
Nah, you haven't offended me (I rarely get offended). Your viewpoint was nice, and led to a decent discussion.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh, I was pretty much like you when I was 17, and people described me as being an elitist lol. I still can't figure out if that's a good or bad thing, but at least you possess the ability to be passionate about something. That fire in me burned out when I turned 25 and I'd kill to feel that way about anything again.
Meh. Overflowing-manga like passion is hard.
I just settle with "I want to draw professionally, but if I don't, Ohwell. I can just draw on the side".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts