Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I belong to a few SA sites like this. But, honestly... I'm a damn outcast on all of them, or... the SA community in general I should say. I'm serious too, I'm sure some of you know this already. This was my favorite, but I just talk too much, I say too much, now everybody knows I'm an outcast, or, even a bigger outcast. This site isn't doing much for me anyways, although, I guess it's fun sometimes and helps pass the time. But I tend to avoid people who think bad of me. I bet some of you see my fugly picture in a thread and think of how weird or an outcast I am, or you just may hate me for some reason(you never know). I bet there is some of you who are maybe happy I'm gone.

I felt like this on all the sites I've been to. Just, the others I just didn't go to as much, but now, this one got so worse, I'm just gonna be done with it. Maybe keep going to the others though, for now.

I'm serious too, look at my posts, you'll think I'm an outcast too. Outcast in the entire SA community. We may be outcasts from humanity, in a way. But, I'm an outcast in the outcasts. I know, most of you probably don't even think you're outcasts. I mean, look at a poll I made. So few of people with SA actually have no friends, then a tiny fraction have no form of life. I'm one of them very few, which technically makes me an outcast.

Can't feel like an outcast if you can't compare yourself to anyone. :blank

Bye.

p.s. Don't try to reply to this, I know I'll check back, and I don't wanna have the urge to come back on and fight with you guys to prove I'm an outcast.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I understand, I feel like I never fit in no matter what site I'm on.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I don't feel like I fit in either. Eveyone else is so nice and supportive and I'm kind of an ***. But I think I'm going to stay, at least until my welcome has been overstayed a little bit.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I understand, I feel like I never fit in no matter what site I'm on.
ditto. I feel like I write the wrong thing or no one really cares what I write anyway so what's the point. It's all SA talking. Your not really an outcast.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
It's not like I'm a great fit here on SAS. I think I just might stand out as that crazed libertarian gun nut -- on a board that couldn't lean any further to the left without falling over.

·
Lost
275 Posts
Eric, if you're reading this then I just wanted to say that even though I don't know you very well at all, I understand how you feel.

Everyone on this site at some point will feel as though they don't fit in; whether it be because a post they've made hasn't been replied to, or for whatever reason. To be honest, I only really come on here to reassure myself that there are other people out there who know exactly how I'm feeling. As weird as it may sound, it makes me feel better to know I'm no alone in feeling like this.

I hope you decide not to quit the forum, but I understand your reasons if you do.

Best of luck :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Ericisme I know how you are feeling. I feel like a complete outcast at work (i'll probably post a thread about it later) and it is really upsetting me.

Please believe me when I say that i've never thought of you as an outcast on this forum. I do notice when you post and do consider you part of this community. I myself sometimes think I post too much and that people must be sick of me, but I have found the people here to be more understanding and helpful than anyone I have ever met in life.

I know you're feeling low but please don't stop posting here. You've as much right to be here as the rest of us. If anyone has made you feel ignored or not wanted here, I am sure it was unintentional. I personally would never want to make you feel that way, and if I ever have, I apologise.

Please keep posting :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh shut up. I'M the horrible outcast that everyone hates. You have no right to steal my individuality. JK JK. I think everyone with social anxiety feels like this a lot. That's practically the definition of social anxiety.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ericisme, I can understand how you feel. I think we all feel this way when we struggle with SA. I am new here and I am giving this site a try but I think that everybody with SA suffers, and although the causes to this suffering are similar in all cases, we just don't suffer the same way.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I just had a like 4 paragraph arguement on why I'm an outcast and such. But, it was too offensive I think, and yea, I didn't want all your normal social anxiety people to be offended. To sum it all up, 15 million(out of 300) people in America have social anxiety. Nearly every one of them life a normal happy life... except... they get a little anxious. That's all social anxiety is, a little anxiety in social situations. That's how most of you people are, you're normal people with a life and a future, just anxious. I know, not all of you. But, I bet most of you who think you don't, really do, and I'm sure most of you know it yourself.

A job, friend, partner, even close online friend, college, family, or hell, even high school? Atleast you have a life and some sort of future.

Atleast 79% of you do have one or more of them, look at the poll I made. Most of you have even more than that. Some have full blown perfect and happy lifes, with a side of anxiety.

So, I kinda technically am an outcast here. Look at my posts if you don't believe me.

Maybe I should have deleted all of this too....

Meh, you can delete this thread if you want. I never found out how to.

·
Lost
275 Posts
A lot of people on here are like you. Yes, some have jobs/go to school, but that doesn't mean their SA is any easier.

Please don't give up on the forum. Surely you can see there are people here who can completely relate to how you're feeling (as they're feeling just as bad). We can all relate to eachother in some way, and help eachother carry on, even when our real worlds shut down completely.

I hope you're okay.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I can totally understand where you're coming from. Sometimes it's a little disconcerting to hear someone talk about how they feel anxious when they're out with their friends, when some of us don't have any friends to be anxious around.

But I think one of the advantages of a forum like this is that there is a chance to interact with people who have fought and suffered and struggled very hard to get where they are today. Nobody's had an easy road and I find it inspiring to hear how people have overcome some of their issues, and admittedly sometimes I get a little jealous too.

I agree with Hysteric, hopefully you won't give up. It can be very frustrating but I find that having people who can relate to even the smallest bit of what I experience is helpful.

·
Lost
275 Posts
But I think one of the advantages of a forum like this is that there is a chance to interact with people who have fought and suffered and struggled very hard to get where they are today. Nobody's had an easy road and I find it inspiring to hear how people have overcome some of their issues, and admittedly sometimes I get a little jealous too.

It can be very frustrating but I find that having people who can relate to even the smallest bit of what I experience is helpful.
You're right. Somewhat selfishly, I like reading posts from people who're feeling the same as me. I get jealous reading about people's 'triumphs over anxiety', however small they may be. Though I know these people have been/are in the same position as me, so knowing there's hope for is all can only be a good thing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I tell you something. I've always felt like an outcast. I think I talk too much, I express myself too much and I never shut up. And people put me aside for it. But I'll tell you something else. I never stopped talking or expressing my opinion. But I'm just like you... I run away from critiques. :s.

I'm kind of torn apart right now.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, EricIsMe!

You have been back to the site. You aren't quite the outcast you think you are.

How we think determines how we feel....

·
Registered
132 Posts
No. I have really, really bad social anxiety. Your post was not offensive at all. I've had some good experiences and some really, really bad ones. I have not gone to college because of my social anxiety/ depression and quit a job in january because I was so paranoid that I was going to be fired. Believe me you are not alone. You are human and have value even when you don't feel like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts