Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone now what kind of Apocalypse happened in this upcoming game, and do you guys know if the PS4 can play PS3 games, this game might b my only respon 2 get a ps4

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
I'm going to assume that the cause of society's downfall in The Last of Us was due to some kind of contagion that spread across the country - similar to a zombie takeover. It's set sometime in the future however so it may have been something else with the disease just running parallel to it. I wouldn't bother too much on what caused it, I'm pretty sure the story's content is centered on how people act in trying times and under duress like The Walking Dead.

And I wouldn't get my hopes up about backwards compatibility on the PS4, there'd be no money in it for Sony.

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
Something to do with an infection. The ps3 could run ps2 games depending on which model its on so it might be the same. It will probably be in the ps store as well (usually full games are expensive there though).

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
Nobody knows. Since Sony hasn't even announced the thing yet, it's all nothing by rumours and speculation. I can't see why it wouldn't be considering that almost every console since the N64 and PS1 was backwards compatible, but then again, the Vita is only digitally compatible and the PS3 removed it's PS2 functionality, so maybe something will come out of it. They sent out some kind of random teaser that many people are speculating is going to be the PS4 announcement sometime later in February.

·
King of MonkeyWorld ;)
3,219 Posts
I read somewhere that u wont be able to play ps2 or ps3 games and each game comes with a code aswell lol XD. So I think only 1 cd can be used for 1 console. Not rly sure how that works tho ^_^. I guess that means u cant resell games tho? so Sony will make ALOT of money lol

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
I read somewhere that u wont be able to play ps2 or ps3 games and each game comes with a code aswell lol XD. So I think only 1 cd can be used for 1 console. Not rly sure how that works tho ^_^. I guess that means u cant resell games tho? so Sony will make ALOT of money lol
I don't think they'll do that, too far fetched. If Sony did that while Microsoft didn't then they might as well spend time burning money and posting it on youtube.

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
That whole blocking used games thing isn't going to happen. People claimed it was going to happen with PS3 as well because they patented some technology that would lock games to one console. It didn't happen then and it's not going to happen now.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
This is one of the few good zombie games I want to get, resident evil has become ****.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts