Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Jack Nicholson(Batman)

Votes: 7 21.2%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Joker do you prefer and why, Heath Ledger(The Dark Knight) or Jack Nicholson(Batman)? I prefer Heath's....just so cool...but I like both so I'm just curious. I think he was more realistic as the character than the older movies are.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Heath hands down. I spent the entire movie saying to myself "that can't possibly be Heath Ledger." That's a sign of a true actor

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heath hands down. I spent the entire movie saying to myself "that can't possibly be Heath Ledger." That's a sign of a true actor
Yeah, when I first heard Heath was gonna be the Joker I was like WTH....that doesn't sound right, but when I watched the movie, I was blown out of the water...I even was forgetting it was him! That was amazing!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yeah, when I first heard Heath was gonna be the Joker I was like WTH....that doesn't sound right, but when I watched the movie, I was blown out of the water...I even was forgetting it was him! That was amazing!
I just talked about Batman with a pretty woman. Thanks illlaymedown! You just made my night!

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just talked about Batman with a pretty woman. Thanks illlaymedown! You just made my night!
Haha....not sure what you mean, but glad to be of service XD
I did a lot of art from that movie....I think it's my favorite movie....all because of Heath. I wish he was still alive so he could come back as the role in the future cus there's just no one who can fill it :(

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!! Wait....were you talking about me or are you actually talking to somebody in person??? I keep forgetting I have pics on here...Sorry, having a ditzy moment.... :D

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Jack was good. Heath was amazing.
I realize their roles were different(the newer version of the joker was much darker) but Heath's acting blew me away. His voice and mannerisms were brilliant. I kept forgetting it was him playing the part. I can't say that about Jack's joker.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Jack Nicholson. Though he played him very well I hated Heath's joker (and that movie, with a passion), probably because it wasn't the joker I remembered growing up with.

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
HOLY HEART FAILURE BATMAN! What about Cesar Romero? Come on, anyone who has the balls to throw fish at Batman and Robin is awesome :p

·
Registered
318 Posts
Heath Ledger's Joker was not Joker. Joker was a happy, goofy, sarcastic, laugh way too much, villian. Heath Ledger's was not. He was dark and sad. He did a great job playing a villian, but not the Joker.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Heath Ledger's Joker wins, hand down imo. Watching him in that film it felt like he wasn't so much playing the Joker, more he'd actually become him, and that marks a truly gifted actor. The mannerisms, the perfect amount of insanity blended with humour and darkness, everything was just spot on. Even when i watch this film now i'm just absolutely blown away.

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heath Ledger's Joker was not Joker. Joker was a happy, goofy, sarcastic, laugh way too much, villian. Heath Ledger's was not. He was dark and sad. He did a great job playing a villian, but not the Joker.
When I first saw/even heard about the new Batman movies, I really wasn't impressed. Batman Begins didn't do much for me and I was still insistent on Batman with Michael Keaton taking the gold. I just didn't get how realistic it was after the originals. But it grew on me and the bias faded, still I preferred the Michael Keaton movies. Then I heard Heath was gonna be the Joker and I was WTH??? Why would they pick him? But then my ex got me to go see it and I was blown away. I love how realistic he portrays the character and how realistic thenew movies are, but as I stated before in lesser words, the old movies hold a place in my heart as well. Heath was absolutely amazing and made that character come to life....you'd expect to see a villain like that irl than the older Jokers although the older ones do provide an escape of hilarity that you have to love. *BAM* *SMASH*....so funny xD

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Heath. His presence was immense and his performance was incredible. The scene with him and Batman in the interview room in the police station was top notch.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts