Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God, I feel like a complete idiot as far as the "job market" is concerned right now. I mean, I have no idea how to research it or find out what is the best direction for me to go in. I go to career advice websites and read the articles but I get nowhere.

I graduated last year with a degree in biology. (Sadly, I chose it because it seemed less likely to involve working with people. Yes, I based my decision on that.) Student advisors were no help. The college career center, no help. I am working as a lab animal tech (very little people interaction: check). Fine. But it doesn't pay much and I know I don't want to stay in this position long. I have student loans to repay and I don't want to take out more to go to grad school. I want to go to pharmacy school but it is too expensive. Add to that my fear that Obama's health plan (if it passes and I hope it doesn't) may change the healthcare/pharmacy industry negatively as far as pay goes. Wish I'd gotten a different bachelor's degree.

Anybody out there know a good way to research the job market? (newspapers, websites, books etc.) Some reliable source of information on what's really going on out there. Or some way for me to figure out a possibly secure future. Maybe there is no way.

Does anyone even know what they are doing with their lives, what to do with their lives or is everyone just taking it as it comes?

Right now, money/pay is my main concern. Follow your bliss, do what you love? Yeah right.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
All I can say is dead end jobs are recession proof. I know of so many people who've lost their jobs and most weeks I do more than fourty hours and they just hired two new people. It's not the kind of money most people want but it's what's available.

·
Banned
837 Posts
Have you tried to look for jobs through Monster or Career Builder? They've helped me in the past, it was internship though.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
the healthcare industry will always have jobs. if youre still young enough go back to be a radiologists and try to get a job at a hospital. all they do is read and dictate radiology films without any patient contact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts