Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going through this book more carefully now, after leaving it on my bookshelf for over a year now!

The section on Becoming Your Own Therapist is very good. In the preceeding chapter, there are also a lot well researched SA self-tests to help you rate the severity of your anxiety, and how deeply it's affecting your life. For most people with SA, they won't have the courage to seek out the help they need, and so I think that using a self-help program as shown in this book is very realistic.

Has anybody else read this book? What do you think?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hidden Face of Shyness

This book did not help me one bit. But that is not saying much, because I am still here... no book has helped. Right now I am reading the 6 pillars of self esteem. Great book, not sure if it will help though. I am also reading the Stress and Anxiety Workbook, in my opinion the best option because it is all about techniques without too much story telling. I also feel that programs such as Anthony Robbins Get the Edge help out because they make you feel good about yourself.... even though it has nothing to do with Social Anxiety.

Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts