Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tinea Versicolor has been called the "friendly" fungus disease, since it responds welll to teatment, & doesn't become malignant.

But, it is one hell of a disease which doesn't help an SA any with their problem, and even a normal person would find it a total torment.

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
britisharrow, maybe you're not familiar with Tinea Versicolor?

if you have never had the disease, be glad you haven't.

It is a fungus produced by the suffer's own body, and not caught from another person.

The sufferer of this disease apparently has a lack of immunity or allergy to this fungus or yeast, which everyone's body produces, the majority of people being resistant to it.

But, people like myself, don't have the resistance to the fungus, and we break out in a rash which spreads all over the body, and causes severe itching in addition to being very ugly to look at.
I wasn't aware of it thanks for informing me, do you suffer from it?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
What are you using to treat it? I've been using Elocon cream,but it's not working very fast. There are pills I can get which I know work a lot better and faster,but they are very expensive as well as being bad for the kidneys apparently...

·
Registered
324 Posts
How can your body produce a fungus? Fungi are a separate lifeform. Perhaps you meant to say that your body readily hosts a fungus, which is certainly true with many microbiotic forms.

At any rate, I know that looking different can be very hard to deal with. I bashed my brow 10 days ago and my cheeks are still turning different colors from the bruising.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
There's also tea tree oil and Selsun dandruff shampoo. I looked it up :).
SA and hyperhidrosis are an issue, too, I'd bet :(.
Sorry you have to go through all of this. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts