Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

The Friendliest Countries?

2K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  Retronia 
#1 ·
This is something I've been wondering for a while.
Obviously I live in the US and am not really sure where I want to end up living or w/e so I've been thinking with an open mind about other countries. I guess what I am wondering is the people who have experienced both, the differences and your thoughts. Articles like that have the "Top 10 Friendliest Countries" or whatever make me think of considering possibly: Canada, Australia, New Zealand(or really any I guess).
I don't know I just feel really culturally ignorant when it comes to this, and I feel like there has to be differences from what I've seen in videos.
Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.
(btw I obviously know that there are :bash people everywhere and nice people everywhere. I guess i'm talking about majority/culture cause I left my opinions out of this post)

#3 ·
G'day mate! Australia. Its pretty friendly here!

#12 ·
Don't know, I hear Afghanistan is canny cush and friendly to westerners.

#17 ·
Thank you This does :) It's nice to know someone feels similar.
And let me know how your progress goes with that!

And thanks to everyone else who replied. It's really interesting to hear all of the sides of the spectrum on something like this.

#15 ·
New Zealand. We are very friendly caring people over here, but I wouldn't consider our country very safe though. We are just like the rest of the world.

#16 ·
Not sure I can give you an answer to your question but Netherlands is considered a non friendly place, but then again, I got that from a video. Hope this helps you have one less country on making a decision.

I remember it mentioned something about it being (I forgot what word it said so I'm inserting this instead) that it made me think "Maybe I should move there, I'd fit right in".

#23 ·
I'm Australian, I've heard we're pretty friendly. But then there's always the people that are very unwilling to accept any other cultures. I've heard new Zealanders are very nice. And of all the countries I've travelled to, I found Canadians to be extremely hospitable and friendly.

#24 ·
That list is just for fun, I wouldn't take it seriously to find out where I'm going to live, in each country there are jerks and there are friendly people, every one of them. I would say wherever you are from they will treat you with most respect and friendliness and if you go to vacation resorts, they are nice too- but that's just service

#25 ·
My aunt lives in Ireland, she says they are some of the most friendliest people on Earth. I've heard the same for Canadians. My parents are from India and if you can get past the poverty it's a pretty friendly place for tourists and visitors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.