Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Certified Loner
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I've been wondering for a while.
Obviously I live in the US and am not really sure where I want to end up living or w/e so I've been thinking with an open mind about other countries. I guess what I am wondering is the people who have experienced both, the differences and your thoughts. Articles like that have the "Top 10 Friendliest Countries" or whatever make me think of considering possibly: Canada, Australia, New Zealand(or really any I guess).
I don't know I just feel really culturally ignorant when it comes to this, and I feel like there has to be differences from what I've seen in videos.
Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.
(btw I obviously know that there are :bash people everywhere and nice people everywhere. I guess i'm talking about majority/culture cause I left my opinions out of this post)

·
Registered
521 Posts
G'day mate! Australia. Its pretty friendly here!

·
SAS Member
2,774 Posts
I've been to Qatar, Dubai, Oman, Italy, Malaysia and Singapore.

Of these, none are what I would call friendly, but Singapore was very professional and pleasant. Had a great few days there.

The least friendly was Italy.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
We Irish are not to bad....at least that is what we get told

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
When overseas, I found Americans(USA) the friendliest, but some of them talk too much!:afr A generalisation I know!

·
Overlord of OGLE-TR-122b
773 Posts
I have heard Canada and northern Europe are the most friendly... I also found Australia very friendly when I visited, well I was only 5 so maybe that's why :p

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Don't know, I hear Afghanistan is canny cush and friendly to westerners.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also live in the U.S and want to get away from this country so bad ever since i was 12, now 17, I have been looking into which countries are the best and I have been sticking with New Zealand, Australia, then anywhere in Europe, hope this helps!

·
Nobody's Perfect
1,105 Posts
New Zealand. We are very friendly caring people over here, but I wouldn't consider our country very safe though. We are just like the rest of the world.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not sure I can give you an answer to your question but Netherlands is considered a non friendly place, but then again, I got that from a video. Hope this helps you have one less country on making a decision.

I remember it mentioned something about it being (I forgot what word it said so I'm inserting this instead) that it made me think "Maybe I should move there, I'd fit right in".

·
Certified Loner
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I also live in the U.S and want to get away from this country so bad ever since i was 12, now 17, I have been looking into which countries are the best and I have been sticking with New Zealand, Australia, then anywhere in Europe, hope this helps!
Thank you This does :) It's nice to know someone feels similar.
And let me know how your progress goes with that!

And thanks to everyone else who replied. It's really interesting to hear all of the sides of the spectrum on something like this.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I haven't been, but when my Parents visited the USA they told me how friendly the people were, and very open.

Australia can be friendly, but it depends on the location.
I always thought England was friendly,the last time I was there. But again it depends on the location/the locals.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts