Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first thing I want to do is visit my old highschool and to see that there was nothing to fear and to be depressed about because I have so many bad memories at my old school that are depressing and anxiety related... I also want to go up to this super hott chick that used to like me at my old school and get to know her lol She was super fine, so she can see that i actually did find her attractive and i didint mean to ignore her and avoid her. (I only did it cause of depression and anxiety).. And lastly go -one on one- on basketball with my dad and dunk on his *** to prove that laziness wasnt the thing that was stopping me from continuing to play basketball to accomplish my dream lol :clap :boogie :clap

How bout you guys?? What's the first thing you want to do when you overcome Social anxiety?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Party like its 1999! Nah prolly go and catch up with all these people Ive been avoiding for years.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Make a bunch of friends :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Go into acting. I have always wanted to try it even if its a small insignificant role.. But what I want the most is to travel, and maybe one day help people who have this get over it... By the way this is a great thread, I posted a similar one lol.

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Nothing much. Just get a small group of friends who I know I could trust with my life and have fun with. Get a girl who I am deeply attracted to and can make smile without even having to try. Just the simple things. I could care less about being a party-goer lol. Oh, and maybe just to local music performances when I learn to play guitar. I would like to say I'm a B-level singer. Not good enough to be professional, but good enough to make others enjoy it. Of course I'm usually to anxious to go out and do that. Unless I'm playing rock band and someone needs to beat a song on expert!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Look someone in the eyes and feel connection... not aggression and fear.
That's the first thing I would do. :)

·
Banned
728 Posts
Nothing much. Just get a small group of friends who I know I could trust with my life and have fun with. Get a girl who I am deeply attracted to and can make smile without even having to try. Nothing much, just the simple things. I could care less about being a party-goer lol. Oh, and maybe just to local music performances when I learn to play guitar. I would like to say I'm a B-level singer. Not good enough to be professional, but good enough to make others enjoy it. Of course I'm usually to anxious to go out and do that. Unless I'm playing rock band and someone needs to beat a song on expert!
Thats exactly what i'm after too. Couldn't have said it any better.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I want to learn to pole dance and salsa dance.

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts
you mean when a flash of lightning strikes me and i'm miraculously cured?

i would probably tell everyone (my family etc.) how much they truly mean to me.
and hug someone else than my mom for the first time in my life.

·
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to learn to pole dance and salsa dance.
Aaah pole dancing sounds awesome lol I know how to salsa dance a lil since im always around people that listen to it and dance to it at parties lol Its pretty cool .. Those are turn on's for guys too by the way haha

·
Registered
794 Posts
Aaah pole dancing sounds awesome lol I know how to salsa dance a lil since im always around people that listen to it and dance to it at parties lol Its pretty cool .. Those are turn on's for guys too by the way haha
Aye, true that last part, that's half the fun ;)

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
I would be able to help people through a career in cognitive psychology.
Have normal interactions with people instead of always viewing them through the filter of "will they like me?".
Be in a band someday and play the kind of music I love.
Be able to continue my life where it left off at 13 or so.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts