Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a thread for the discussion of money, investing, retirement, savings, debt, budgeting and anything else to do with finances. :)

·
I Am Second
58,061 Posts
Oh sweet!

Really sucks that the feds have lowered saving rates at banks. My high yield savings is only at .6% now. On another not pretty sweet that I don't have to worry about student loan repayments till December.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Oh sweet!

Really sucks that the feds have lowered saving rates at banks. My high yield savings is only at .6% now. On another not pretty sweet that I don't have to worry about student loan repayments till December.
Yup. My next payment is January 28th!

·
I Am Second
58,061 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I saw today that U.S. economy shrank at 32.9% annual rate in the second quarter, that's crazy.

·
I Am Second
58,061 Posts
Hopefully in less than 2yrs I can start investing 15% towards retirement. No later than age 32.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Well idk what to write here tbh. I don't really invest my money (despite having some savings), due to not knowing enough about what I'm putting my money on.

I know I probably could figure out how to benefit from that, but don't really have the energy to dwell in that deeply enough to put my money in it yet. (Although, I've scratched the surface a little bit, but it would require a lot more work).

Was thinking about buying a small amount of amd stock b4 the release of zen 2, but didn't in the end. (This is basically the only field where I'd feel somewhat confident in investing due to having at least some knowledge about the products)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
PSA for Canadians and Quebecois. The tax payment deadline for 2019 has been extended to September 30 from today. We can hold onto our money an extra month.

Good for me because my online banking isn't working so I wouldn't have made the original payment deadline anyway...

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Oh sweet!

Seems like every time I check my savings APY, it keeps dropping. Right now it's .85%. Fortunately my IRA recovered.

·
I Am Second
58,061 Posts
Seems like every time I check my savings APY, it keeps dropping. Right now it's .85%. Fortunately my IRA recovered.
Thats not bad considering everything. Roth IRA? Speaking on investments I might switch out my small and medium cap allotments in my 401k for something more aggressive. Trying to diverse but not many options at Wells Fargo.

·
I Am Second
58,061 Posts
Just switched my mid cap index fund for a total market index fund.

·
I Am Second
58,061 Posts
It'll be nice going a few dollars without spending any money.

·
I Am Second
58,061 Posts

·
I Am Second
58,061 Posts
It is usually advised to rebalance 2 times a year. Once in Jan and once in July. Or every 6 months
Got 4 allocations lower 2 are at 23% now might wait till they near 20%.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Got 4 allocations lower 2 are at 23% now might wait till they near 20%.
So you want to rebalance all 4 of them to 25 percent each? Your not to far off at all so I would wait to rebalance until it gets a bit more out of balance. Is there a fee to rebalance or a limit to how many times you can rebalance? If not then there is no penalty so you might as well just rebalance now

1 - 20 of 270 Posts