Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone, anyone? I love this band and everything that they do. New album [Hazards of Love] is coming out soon and, from what I heard so far, it's going to be grand. The promo shots for the album are also amazing [I love Autumn de Wilde]. Hoping to also see them in Hollywood.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I love The Crane Wife very very much.

The only other album I have by them is Picaresque, which is okay but not as transcendently amazing as The Crane Wife.

Very much looking forward to the new album.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Crane Wife is definitely amazing, and Picaresque does have it's parts...but I really love Her Majesty. You should definitely check it out. It's quite a gem. However, it was my first Decemberists album so there's a lot of nostalgia attached to it. And have you heard the Tain? If you love the Crane Wife [especially the greatness that is "The Island"], then you should definitely listen to the Tain.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Ambassador of Hugs
2,787 Posts
I'm with Writer on this one, Her Majesty is probably my favorite. Honestly I tend to stick to their older stuff pretty much entirely, the Crane Wife didn't do it for me so much. The Five Songs EP is incredible. Have any of you folks ever listened to much Neutral Milk Hotel?

·
Registered
603 Posts
bumping long forgotten thread for new album thoughts.

I have 5 or 6 of their previous albums on my ipod but never got into any of them like I have The King is Dead. Having always liked their folkish tunes I guess it makes sense that I'd like their new album, but even if I didn't I'd still have to give props to a band that explores so many different avenues. One of the best active bands around, imo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.