Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dr Doc,
Its so nice to see your name ...

Before I was saved, I must confess, I was playing in the Dark...
All I can say ..is its very real, and Satan and his demons,...will tell you
anything to get their hooks into you... I am so ever grateful that Jesus died on the cross to save me from the pit I was putting my soul in....

debs

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
:agree I wouldn't be surprised if demons will tell the truth maybe even nine times out of ten but then save the big lie for last.

I remember we had an ouiji board when I was a kid, I was probably 8 or 9 years old. I remember playing with the plastic thing once and baking it in my sister's easy bake oven and ruining it. :lol I don't remember anything it said though.

I think when you dabble in things like that you are giving demons permission to be a part of your life which is not a good thing.

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
I remember as a young kid my friends and I played around with a Ouija board once but we didn't even know what it was or what to do with it, and when I was a little older playing that "Bloody Mary" game in the bathroom mirror. I was also interested in stuff like ESP. Then when I was about 22 I went to a bar with my friend to see a band play. When we got there another goth band was on stage and the lead singer was reading outloud from a book and calling out spirits. I wasn't a Christian and didn't even believe in God back then so I didn't take any of it seriously and actually thought it was kind of interesting. My friend, however, who became a believer after spending several years dabbling in witchcraft, was very disturbed by what was going on and told me later that he was reading from the Necronomicon. :um

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With me ,
I was fooled by thinking I was associating with the great white light, and Jesus,
but in reality, I was being fooled into worshiping the false light..

I was into Reiki, and spirit Guides, and tarot cards, in which I always
allowed spirits to become part of me...
I have done alot of work to renew my life and live for Jesus,
It seems like every 5 steps I take forward I go back two, and every leap I take toward Jesus, I am spiritually attacked..but thats ok, because today I know Jesus defeated the enemy at the cross....

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
They also state that the weak are just that the weak, and that they should be given no mercy. I can see why a lot of people turn to these teachings, especially in today's cruel world. But as Alice Cooper once said, "I see a lot of heavy metal artists who claim to worship Satan and I really want to say to them, do you think that Satan really wants to be buddies with you?"
Oh yeah their his buddies all right. :lol

I couldnt agree more. I knew a guy who once did an ouiji board session. One of the first things they asked was the spirits name. When it spelled out L-u-c-i-f-e-r, they took the board to a pastor who promptly burned it.
You know come to think of it I came down with SAD not too long after I was involved with the ouiji board as a kid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
still waters..care to elaborate..? I can understand if you don't wish to. Im just where you USED to be. And have never felt/been better off, or felt more love in the world, while All I ever see the "Jesus" figure bring to peoples minds is slavery, and a sens of never being worthy of anything. Im not attempting to be hostle, Im genuinely curious to find out what you think, and what made you change. from a loving welcoming godhead, to one that rules through fear, exclusion, and a ego-filled childish bravado?

Ps...Ouija boards are seriously bad news people. PLEASE do not touch unless you KNOW what you are doing. and even then...Caveat Emptor!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spetsialnaya wrote
still waters..care to elaborate..? I can understand if you don't wish to. Im just where you USED to be. And have never felt/been better off, or felt more love in the world, while All I ever see the "Jesus" figure bring to peoples minds is slavery, and a sens of never being worthy of anything. Im not attempting to be hostle, Im genuinely curious to find out what you think, and what made you change. from a loving welcoming godhead, to one that rules through fear, exclusion, and a ego-filled childish bravado?
Hi,
first maybe I should give a little Background...I grew up in a non Practicing
Catholic Family..and at Young age , the God I knew was a punishing
God, and the church was full of hipocrites(in retrospect)

I was always interested in the supernatural, and because of growing up in a large verbally abusive family, I escaped into my thoughts and mind...

But to get to the topic... when I first started AA, I went to a weekend festival where I was surrounded by New Age beliefs, and the higher power.
I was introduced to Reiki and its energies...so in the next few years I learned what I could, Got my Reki One and Two, and was on the road to my masters...I was also looking into my native American past,..
I started doing spirit drawings, in which I allowed my spirit guide to help,
I was using my Crystals, and divination...Tarot cards, spirit animals...ect..I had friends that were mediums... read many books on enlightenmemt, ect..and went on a few Past life regressions...at that point I began to believe in Karma, and reincarnation..and in this whole time..I still couldnt get any length of sobriety..and their was no HOPE..
in these beliefs... I was ready to commit suicide and go on to the next*level* of my spiritual life....

now looking back.. God was in my life, and I had no clue..my neighbor
started taking my two girls to Her Christian Church for a youth Group, and had another neighbor praying for me, though at the time I had to clue..(power of prayer is amazing)

so one Sunday out of the desire to find a need to stay alive, and some hope I went to this church..I was so overwhelmed by the sense of Love..
next thing I knew, I am learning about the True Jesus thats in the Bible, not the one that I was told was The best Reikist, that never did die on the cross, and lived for many years...

I was shown a hope.... I was shown the truth, and As I read the Bible, and listened to tapes..I realized that the God I thought I knew was nothing like Him...granted, a few times I got confused by reading the Old Testament...but that went away the more I dug into the word...

I will be honest and say I am still young in my maturity in getting to know Jesus, and still go thru many storms, but I am always finding a loving God to the rescue, and get stronger.. the latest storm has been learning about AvPD(avoidant personality disorder) but again that was a result of prayers and God giving me some answers....

okay, I just realized this is getting kinda long....

so to sum up all those other words.. I worshipped the devil and his legion,
not realizing it, because he disquised himself as the False white light,
and when I saw the truth, I was ever so gratefull that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all my sins..and God gives us an undeserved grace...

these are just my thoughts and what I believe,
but if you want even more imformation pick up the bible for the truth..

God Bless
Debs

ps.. I hope I answerd your Question..got kinda carried away

·
Registered
4 Posts
stillwaters said:
ps.. I hope I answerd your Question..got kinda carried away
:fall

Im only kidding, thanks for the comprehensive reply, I appreciate you sharing that sensitive part of your life with us/me. I am just always curious to know what turns people away from one belief system or another. Religions just have always intrested me, Christianity in particular. And I DO have a Bible, and Koran, and Torah, and a Tao, etc etc etc :lol tho it is the New International not the King James, so I guess I am missing some stuff, but yea Ive probibly done a thousand hours of research into the origins of various religions, and their respective avatars, and I could write 100 pages on Christianity alone. But I won't get into that. Anyway, thanks again, and I hope I didn't come across as being abrasive in my previous post, I was allready slightly aggrivated, and not well rested. Take care.

-Spets

·
Registered
4 Posts
frogamigo said:
:agree Yep. Nothing demonic about ouija boards except a little self-hypnotism. Sorry.
And I guess people will just have to agree to disagree on this topic until the end of time. Im a psych major and very into psychology, and though a large % of what happens with a ouija board is self hypnotic. There are a small % of users who truly do have seriously negative consequences. Negitive entities, are around us constantly, to make their presence known they need alot of energy, and the only way they can F*@# with you is if you invite them in. Some people have the energy, and are very inviting Some people just play the game with no ill effects. Bad things can and DO happen with ouija, automatic writing etc. Anything where you might let an entity commandeer your person is NEVER a good idea. :hide

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:agree
I will have to agree with spets on the ouija board,
though I believe if your truly a Christian, the ouji board will and should
be all that it is ..a board....

Spets, you sound like you have done alot of research! thats so cool..so far, to date, I have found the NIV bible to be the better one..King James drives me nuts with all the, thous and thee's

debs...

ps abrasive? no way! I thank you for giving me the chance to share a little of my testimony

·
Registered
660 Posts
eG said:
HP Lovecraft wrote the Necronomicon in the 1930s because so many people thought his horror stories were real. It's a work of fiction.
Lovecraft mentions the Necronomicon in several stories (such as "The Call of Cthulhu") but it didn't really exist, and I don't think he wrote one. It was later on that some writers, after reading Lovecraft, took it upon themselves to write Necronomicons. I have no idea what might be in such books, never having picked one up. I don't really want to find out.

·
Registered
660 Posts
DrDoc said:
Actually the Necronomicon does exist and is/was real. It was written at around 700 A.D or so by Abdul Alhazred, more commonly known as 'the mad arab' I had a couple of friends who used to be fascinated by the book and its history. I could probably research it on the internet, but I think its best to let sleeping dogs lie.
Uh, Lovecraft made up that whole Mad Arab Abdul thing. Trust me on that one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Necronomicon is available in paperback from most larger bookstores, unless it went out of print. It was considered cool to have a copy back when I was in high school.

It's more or less what you'd expect-- formulae, magical chants, incantations, ways to "Call Upp" and "Put Downe" the dead from a preparation of their "Saltes", ways to breed things outside the spheres, lots of stuff about Cthulhu, Azathoth, Yog-Sothoth, Shub Niggurath (The Goat With A Thousand Young) and all those other Lovecraft mythos sorts of things. (I've read way too much Lovecraft....) Naturally, none of it works, as it's not real magic (whatever 'real magic' means LOL). It sure looks and seems evil, though.

Abdul Alhazred was a figment of Lovecraft's imagination, as were most (but not all) of the "Evill Bookes" that he mentions (Lovecraft was fond of adding historical and pseudohistorical information to his stories to add to the verisimilitude, and to great effect. The name of this "mad Arab," in fact, is grammatically redundant in Arabic.). And (being from New England) I can attest that there is no such river in Massachusetts as the Miskatonic, nor is there a university of that name. There are also no towns named Dunwich, Innsmouth, or Arkham. Ipswich and Rowley are real places, however; as are Providence's North Burial Ground and Benefit Street (an area Lovecraft himself lived near), and the nearby Christian Science church, just as he described them. (Yes, I've rad FAR too much Lovecraft... LMAO)

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
I can't take something like Ouija boards seriously when they are mass marketed along with Monopoly and Life by Milton Bradley.... :lol I knew this girl that had a crazy story about being freaked out by a Ouija board, tearing it up, throwing it in the trash etc. only finding it to reappear in her house again....She was a sweet girl, but a little flakey....I think Ouija boards are life UFOs...We see a weather balloon or satellite, and think it's something else....Self-Delusion....

·
Registered
540 Posts
There are dueling forces out there...but Jesus said "All POWER has been given unto me in Heaven and in Earth"...if he says ALL then he means all...so the forces that are evil only have the ability to deceive us...if we let them...but we always have backup, since Jesus has all the power...
As far as for Jesus being a a fear image...he is the one that came to overcome fear...being linked up with Him is one of the easiest ways to overcome fear....as far as for the White Light...he is the Light. Could Jesus go by a variety of Names?...people from many different religions have seen him...just because they don't know his name, doesn't mean that He is not who He is.
Something that St Julian said that He revealed to her, during a vision of his passion...was that God has a plan...not yet revealed to mankind that will make All things right...
Does that mean that I think that Jesus sacrifice on the cross was not enough?...No!...But I think that God is going to do that Great thing...something beyond our imagination...and I feel sure it involves Jesus.
Remember when Jesus said on the cross "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." I personally feel that that statement is going to be the key...to God's way of saving the whole world...

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's just some cardboard and plastic. The supernatural stories are always some friend of a friend of a friend swears it's true sort of thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts