Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're total cynic like me feel free to post ITT. I've become sour and cynical over the years. It also seems that I'll become even more of a cynic as I get older.

Feel free to share your stories if you want.

·
FAILURE
618 Posts
I have been summoned :D

Don't let my happy exterior fool you I'm just happy right now cause of sudden good events that has fallen onto my lap, but I am generally cynical lol. I'll share a few stories/opinions when I'm not all jittery.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
If you're total cynic like me feel free to post ITT. I've become sour and cynical over the years. It also seems that I'll become even more of a cynic as I get older.

Over the years? You're only 18 for God's sake!
It's amazing how old these young people think they are.
You are too young to become a cynic. I was a day-dreaming idealist at your age who didn't have a clue. Yes way too naive... older brothers and all women were on pedestals.....
Now I am a cynic I suppose...but I like and support nice people...sensitive people who have a caring, kind instinct..who seem to be doing God's work without even knowing they are his instrument.....(I'm not hard core Christian by the way)

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are too young to become a cynic. I was a day-dreaming idealist at your age who didn't have a clue. Yes way too naive... older brothers and all women were on pedestals.....
Now I am a cynic I suppose...but I like and support nice people...sensitive people who have a caring, kind instinct..who seem to be doing God's work without even knowing they are his instrument.....(I'm not hard core Christian by the way)
Some people have the idealist beaten out of them at earlier ages than others.

If you grew up in my shoes you would think that most people sucked by the time you were 18 too.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Some people have the idealist beaten out of them at earlier ages than others.

If you grew up in my shoes you would think that most people sucked by the time you were 18 too.
Sorry to hear that mate. I hope you meet some people in the future that change your mind.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Don't know if I'm more of a cynic or an a-hole. I think on here people describe me as a typical a-hole, but in society I'm a cynic.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL :haha

-- had me laughing. So true. So true. And ridiculous too.
I may not be old but I'm a cynic. The ageism is strong in this thread.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yup, I've become extremely negative over the years. I used to be a bit more positive and confidence before but because of circumstances not changing in my life, just turned pretty negative and bitter (which sometimes turns ppl off, yup sucks haha).

I find like excuses not to do many things because I feel like I'll fail at them anyways. My pdoc said it is a safety mechanism I've built, to avoid putting myself in anxiety-provoking situations.

·
Banned
961 Posts
My favorite:

I became friends with someone who lived with my family. He became practically like a brother to me. My mother treated him horribly, but me and my dad were always nice to him. Then one day, after eight or nine years, I catch him stealing out of my dad's wallet. My dad - who had always given him money if he asked for some. I'm shocked. I quit talking to this person permanently. He never apologizes or tries to defend himself.

If that doesn't make you a cynic I don't know what will.

·
Banned
4,658 Posts
I became a cynic around that age too. I was never an idealist.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
LOL :haha

-- had me laughing. So true. So true. And ridiculous too.
I know right, how dare a young person have an opinion - the presumption! Back in my day it was all eating breadcrumbs from behind the radiator to survive, these youths, they are spoiled I tells ya, they got nuttin ta be cynical about.

:roll

18 years allows for plenty of experiences, especially if you had a **** childhood, so the use of the term 'over the years' is perfectly legitimate.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Come on, we need more cynics.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come onnnnnnn where are all the people who hate things.

·
Trying to want to live
1,652 Posts
yeah. but I'm not a negative person, I just have to try to appreciate things more sometimes, like I analyze films on multiple levels. how much time did they take to prepare the set. what kind of level is their opening sequence editing skills on. would this scene have needed loads of takes.

And just make excuses for not being amazed at what kind of experience is offered by local pubs and clubs, what people normally call "experiencing culture". like art galleries and libraries. they're just archaic, that's being a realist not a cynic really ?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Lol. "Cynic" would imply something more well-developed than I have; I just consider myself negative. Plus, for whatever reason, "cynic" leaves this self-important taste in my mouth that I really can't stand.

·
FAILURE
618 Posts
You know what I just saw the new episode of southpark and it hits home all too well.... and anyone who posted on this thread for that matter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.