Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm staying at college over the summer and have recently met these two attractive girls through a mutual friend. We've partied and drank together and generally hit it off well. Last night me and the mutual friend went over to their house, then we smoked some weed and watched a movie.

So I was on the couch with one girl (call her L) and my friend was on another couch with E. Halfway through the movie they start snuggling and making out. However I was too petrified to make a move... and just sat through the entire movie sitting apart from L.

Now, in my favor, I've only known L for a few days so it didn't seem right to make a move. And also I was stoned, which does not help social situations. I feel like I've blown my chance with her though.

Whats the best way to recover from this blunder?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Trust me, most girls in that position wont be all that offended. She was probably slightly uncomfortable with the situation just like you were. Plus you made the right decision not making a move in that "state of mind." I've been there, and all that would have gotten you was a "I made out with this guy that I barely knew and I feel gross."
With most girls (the ones that are worth the trouble) would rather you be kind and respectful than have your tongue down their throat after a few days of knowing each other. So just call her, text her, message her on whatever social network you have, etc. Let her know you'd like to hang out some time. Be subtly persistent. She'll get the hint.

·
Registered
928 Posts
If it was me, I wouldnt be offended, if anything Id see you not making a move as respectful... and it would stir some more interest.. usually in my experience, after Ive made it past the intitial excitement of that 'first time', I loose interest. Nothing worse than a man that just cant hold on. It makes a girl feel worthless sometimes.
The longer you prolong it, the more interest and excitment and respect. Of course the timing is right, you dont want to prolong it too long or she might loose interest. I reckon a couple weeks of getting to know each other is best. Be honest with her. Honesty in my opinion is sexy. Also by being honest on both parts, you more likely to know where you stand which is helpful when making those 'moves'.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'd say you did the right thing in that situation. But if you are interested in this girl, make sure you make a move fairly soon (and don't smoke this time!). From my experiences, girls like a guy that will take charge sometimes. If you don't do anything and just [email protected] around the situation, they'll think you're either not interested or a wimp. All the girls I've been with have told me, " I didn't know you even liked me at first, I gave you all the signals and you didn't do anything." Made me feel like crap..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd say you did the right thing in that situation. But if you are interested in this girl, make sure you make a move fairly soon (and don't smoke this time!). From my experiences, girls like a guy that will take charge sometimes. If you don't do anything and just [email protected] around the situation, they'll think you're either not interested or a wimp. All the girls I've been with have told me, " I didn't know you even liked me at first, I gave you all the signals and you didn't do anything." Made me feel like crap..
Yeah, that's happened to me numerous times...guys have been interested in me and I them, but nothing happened for weeks and weeks. So I figure they're not really all that in to me and move on. Then, months later they confess, and that makes ME feel like crap.

So be respectful of her space, but make sure she KNOWS you're interested. Even if the feelings for some reason or other aren't returned, it's still very flattering when someone likes you. And flattery can go a looong way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts