Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that SAD makes me feel completely helpless sometimes, to the point where I can't function. It's aggravating to see other people around you going out and achieving goals that you could do yourself in every capacity, except the inability to connect with other people. You may have the emotions, the empathy, the skills, the intelligence, yet it's wasted by your brain living in a protective shell of doubt and insecurity. This ultimately leads to extreme depression, at least for me. Yet, I realize depression has led me to avoid trying to be social these days.

Has anyone thought about this? Is it just a vicious cycle or is there really a good place to start overcoming the root of the problem. The social anxiety is frustrating, but the depression is physically painful, so obviously one is worse than the other.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Eukaryotic cells gave rise to the ancestor of the modern chicken which laid an egg that was not quite like a chicken but may have shared some communal features; said offspring has minor shifts in DNA code over millions of years due to selective pressures of the environment, those mutations are expressed as adapted physical changes which now resemble a chicken. So, the egg of the chicken came first. But the ancestor of the chicken came before that. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eukaryotic cells gave rise to the ancestor of the modern chicken which laid an egg that was not quite like a chicken but may have shared some communal features; said offspring has minor shifts in DNA code over millions of years due to selective pressures of the environment, those mutations are expressed as adapted physical changes which now resemble a chicken. So, the egg of the chicken came first. But the ancestor of the chicken came before that. :)
:)

"An idiom is an expression whose meaning is not predictable from the usual meanings of its constituent elements"

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's aggravating to see other people around you going out and achieving goals that you could do yourself in every capacity, except the inability to connect with other people. You may have the emotions, the empathy, the skills, the intelligence, yet it's wasted by your brain living in a protective shell of doubt and insecurity.
It's such a messed up situation. And to everyone else it probably looks like you're just too lazy to go out and give it a try.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes it's true it's an evil circle. But as my therapist said; The good thing with being in an evil cycle is that you can break it anywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts