Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really going sick over this.

If this movie had more publicity and a US release, it would be a cult classic on par with Taxi Driver. It pisses me off that noone I know has seen it or heard of it.

I think it's one of the best British movies ever. It ranks alongside Sexy Beast, Scum, The Long Good Friday, Get Carter, etc

The plot is so simple and minimal. A bunch of scumbags bully this retarded guy, and then his brother comes back from the army and takes revenge on them. It sounds like an exploitation film but it's really not.

if you ever get the chance, watch it!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Cool, I like good movies. I might check it out on Amazon or Ebay. Thx

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I saw 'dead man's shoes' a couple of months ago, and thought it was excellent. Paddy considine is top notch as the lead. it's actually very emotional towards the end, as you realise the full extent of what happened to his brother. I must admit I'd never heard of it until a workmate let me borrow it on dvd.

You also mentioned 'sexy beast'. I rented this from the local store a while back and I ended up watching it three times before I finally took it back. Ben Kingsley's character is absolutly superb. One of the best screen bad-guys ever. From Gandhi to Don logan - you can't get a wider acting range than that!

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
I've heard of it, but I can't find it.

I'm pissed that my video store doesn't carry "Palindromes" either, and I've been looking forward to that film forever!

I'm sick of having to buy films in order to actually see them. It gets old, especially after I've wasted so much money on suck *** films that I never want to see ever again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts