Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about three days ago i was at work and my boss was picking up a shipment from me. I am always trying to find ways to battle my SA , so i decided to go to where he was at and have a conversation with him. Problem here is that he speaks Spanish and i can speak decent Spanish but not to well, just well enough to have get them to understand what i am saying so i tend to use the wrong words or put words in the wrong order when i am speaking. Anyway, so i started the conversation and i started to mess up what i was telling him and i started to turn red. I could feel my face getting hot and my eyes start to water and body start to sweat. I had to end the conversation and walk away. Ever since then, when i see him i now start to blush and it has gotten worse. Now i start to blush with almost any stranger, i can't even go to the store now without blushing. Now i am not trying to sound cocky or conceited but i think i am an attractive person, i am constantly being told i am good looking, handsome etc. So today i had to shop for a bluetooth headset for my fathers bday and i had put on a nice v neck and nice jeans and some new shoes, so i was looking pretty nice. I walk into best buy and i notice that i get the attention of some ladies and i start to get red and hot, I wasn't even able to concentrate on looking at the bluetooths. I was looking at the box but in my head i was really thinking about the fact that i was turning red and the more i thought about it the hotter i felt my face get and i knew i was just turning more red. I try to not think about it but it just keeps coming back to mind. It's really starting to put me down because over the years i am always trying to battle SA and it is just getting worse. I do not have any health insurance and i can't afford a therapist right now, and I do not want to take medication for SA. Does anyone know of any cognitive therapy videos, books, or any tips in general that would help me? I would greatly appreciate it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts