Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

The Begining of The End of Social Anxiety Disorder has started...

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  albert3366 
#1 ·
For Me My Real War on Social Anxiety Disorder has started
And The Beginning for a New Life Has Begun
I'm enough of Being Lost
I'm enough of my Downs...I'm enough of The Tears....The Fears....and The Pain.....
Ok Let's Enter the subject
I'm here To talk about Social Anxiety Disorder As A whole

First:Social Anxiety Disorder and Self Confidence....Is there a Link???

Of Course all of you don't have any of these
Self Confidence,Self Esteem,or Self-efficacy

Now I need to ask you a question that I am asking to myself....It is
Which one of these is the Truth:

1-We don't have Self Confidence,Self Esteem, or Self-efficacy BECAUSE of SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER

2-We have SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER because we don't have Self Confidence,Self Esteem???

Seriously I guess that If We knew the right answer That might help us in our battle???

Second...Medicines for Social Anxiety....ARE THE BIGGEST LIE/JOKE I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!!

I used Inderal (Propranolol) When I took I felt a Difference
And I bet that that '' Difference '' is what makes lots of people continue to take the Medicines
But The Question here is:
What is Exactly is that Difference???

And The Answer should be Of Course One of these:

1- The Medicine HAS WORKED!!!! I HAVE DEFEATED SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER!!! (That's what we always say)

2-The Difference that what we feel is because we never had hope to be cured from Social Anxiety Disorder...We always say that It is Impossible....And When We find That There's Medicine for our Social Phobia....And the way the doctors say that It always work...All of that Gave us Hope/Confidence....We put all of our hope/confidence in the Medicine that if we took it we will be Normal...We trusted In a Stupid Medicine....That's why After we take the Medicine we feel more confident It's because Our Heart/Our Inner Brain/And Our Soul have trusted that The Medicine will treat our S.A.D

This The Placebo Effect...Not because u suddenly became Normal (Sorry but it's the truth)

Some of you don't know what The Placebo Effect
Well here is What it means

The "placebo effect is an improvement in health due not to any treatment but only to the patient's belief that he or she will improve (as by taking a dummy pill that is thought to be a cure).

or It can be

Many believe the placebo effect is psychological, due to either a real effect caused by belief or to a subjective delusion. If I believe the pill will help, it will help. The psychological theory is that it's all in your mind.

We believe that the Pill will Help...And that's we think that it helped

Now Let's See Really The Medicines do in your Body or What they are really for?

Most of The so-called Social Phobia Medicines Work on two Hormones in your Brain

Norepinephrine :Which underlies the fight-or-flight response, directly increasing heart rate, triggering the release of glucose from energy stores, and increasing blood flow to skeletal muscle.

Epinephrine/Adrenaline:When It is is Produced in the Body
Here's what happens:
A-Increase In The Heart Rate

B-Contracts
Blood Vessels and dilates air passages and participates in the Fight-or-Flight response

All of the Medicines only work on your body.....But Social Anxiety is still living in your soul...in your heart....and In your Unconscious mind

Some Medicines only regulate your heart beats.....

Believe or Not
It never worked
It will never will

And Anti Depressants A.K.A DEPRESSANTS are another Lie...They never cured Depression....And they never will (I used to take 2 Prozac pills and Depression only seemed to be increasing...And one pill never worked)

And Now I need you all please to answer these Four Little Questions (Plz)
First: How much You Love yourself (Say from 0% to 100% )???
Second.....Do you think That Your Social Anxiety will be cured???
Third....Do you have a plan to Defeat Social Anxiety???
And The Last And THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION:

DO you see THAT you deserve to live your LIFE like It is Now (Lonely,In Fear,Depressed, and Hopeless) OR YOU BELIEVE that You should Live Like THE OTHER NORMAL (Enjoy your Life,with No Fear,Happy all the Time,and Have a Bunch of Friends) ???

Soon I will Post more Threads I hope You liked it
And Please Reply
And Answer the last Questions :)

Peace & Love
From a Social Anxiety Disorder Sufferer

See less See more
#3 ·
Although I carry some of the same beliefs about medicine that you do, why so blunt? It's perfectly fine to not believe in medication, but there's no need to be so aggressive about it. Some people believe in it, others don't; not a problem with either view. The only thing that will happen by making posts like this is making people feel bad, or starting an argument. Please keep it to yourself, or at least tone it down a little.

With that said, good luck to you. It's not even close to impossible to overcome anxiety without medication, and it seems like this is exactly the kind of momentum that will bring you out of any setbacks that you may face. Remember, overcoming anxiety is only half the battle. The other half is bouncing back from a bad few days.

#5 ·
And Now I need you all please to answer these Four Little Questions (Plz)
And The Last And THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION:

DO you see THAT you deserve to live your LIFE like It is Now (Lonely,In Fear,Depressed, and Hopeless) OR YOU BELIEVE that You should Live Like THE OTHER NORMAL (Enjoy your Life,with No Fear,Happy all the Time,and Have a Bunch of Friends) ???

Soon I will Post more Threads I hope You liked it
And Please Reply
And Answer the last Questions :)

Peace & Love
From a Social Anxiety Disorder Sufferer
1) Depends what mood i'm in. I would say 70%, but i am what i am. I am trying to make the best of the cards i have been dealt. I think comparing yourself to others all the time is a bad mindset and will only make you hate yourself even more.
2) anything is possible. an advance in psychology or surgical procedure or decent meds without side effects. If you are talking about quick fixes anyway. I regard social anxiety as a disability and like any other disabilty science may come up with a cure.
3) I have a plan to try and get out and do things and survive each day. I dont see overcoming SA as the be all an end all. I am not going to beat myself up about it constantly i will try and make small improvements wherever i can. I have read there are things you can do like teaching or acting that can help you overcome it somewhat. Whatever i do i try and set myself attainable and realistic goals.
4) I think you're generalizing a bit there. Even normal people experience those negative things, but people with SA get it a bit more. I don't think i deserve to be a failure. I have been to countless social events where i have come home feeling totally deflated, but i always hold on to some hope that the next time will be better. I think i feel deserving more now than i did a few years ago at least. It takes time to break through psychological barriers.

#6 ·
I don't think medication is suppose to CURE your social anxiety or depression. It's suppose to TREAT it i.e. give you relief from the symptoms. For example you don't take vicadon to cure your hurt back or something, you take it to relieve the pain. Or a better example is you don't take cough medicine, such as nyquil, to cure your cold, you take it to relieve the symptoms of the cold so that you can endure going to work. I think SA and depression meds are suppose to be used in the same way, they help relieve some of the anxiety and pain so that you can do the things you need to do in order to get over your SA or depression.

#9 ·
That is a very blunt and inaccurate first post.

The vast majority of medication does work (although not the same for everyone).

There is more to anxiety to just the fight or flight response and more hormones involved than the two mentioned.
Anxiety can be genetic and run through family lines - causes such as low production of neurotransmitters due to mutations in the secretory cells, or a mutation in the neurotransmitters themselves.

Also the placebo effect is still not fully understood - a part of it is triggered by brain processes, also recently discovered is part of the effect occurs in the spinal cord as well as some genetic component.

The genetic component is also why some people seem to have good results due to placebo.

Finally, everyones body is biochemically different and so some medications work well with some people but don't have an effect with others. It's the cause of the problem which can be different and so a treatment needs to be found to suit an individual.

But saying 'wow this happened to me and I'm better, you will be too' (in general) is completely incorrect, as even if someone is better (which is good), telling others that they will be is false, as what works for one person very rarely works for a lot of others due to causes, symptoms, biochemical processes etc.

I've done a lot of this in my Biomedical Science degree.

#10 ·
Just my little two pennies for what it's worth. I wouldn't go to war with it. I did that. Bad idea. I know how frustrating it is, but going to war is just no good. Especially with something inside you. To quote Nicholas Cage in the movie "Lord of War":
"Never go to war. Especially with yourself." Good advice.

#11 ·
Kind of hard to read that wall of text with every other word capitalized for no reason... kind of sounds like a huge angry rant... but... I caught on around the part about meds and something about placebo and being cured..

I don't think this thing is cured, only managed. SWIM has tried a lot of medications that swim concluded gave little more than a placebo effect. However swim can attest to klonopin & inderal being extremely effective and there being nothing "placebo" about their effects. Not to mention the former being a psychoactive drug that affects GABA and also passes the blood/brain barrier easily and does a lot more than simply inhibit the effects of epinephrine.

Swim doesn't mess with drugs that the dr. says take several weeks to kick in because swim knows this only encourages a placebo effect. I'm sure swiy has tried similar treatments and feels the same way.

Oh and with inderal.. if swiy took it and thought they felt a difference, it was probably either a side effect (hypotension) or placebo effect. Once swiy is acclimated to the side effects, swiy shouldn't feel anything but only notice the absence of physical responses to epinephrine since it blocks (well, more like screens) it.

#12 ·
I'll go ahead and answer your four questions also:

Not sure how this can be measured in a percentage, but apparently a lot because I never give up on myself and feel there is always something left to try.

I believe it's incurable, but not untreatable. It is managed.

No, but I have a plan to manage it.

Other "normal" people are not living like you describe. I know "normal" people. They aren't like that. But I do feel like I deserve to live with less of the symptoms you described.

#15 ·
And for people who act too aggressive to me

The Forums are made to discuss not to attack each other

Discuss please
Talk in peaceful way not Aggressively

And please don't Judge me or attack.....We don't SA to get worse (with anybody) in the SA Forums because this would be plain Stupidity

#16 ·
And for people who act too aggressive to me

The Forums are made to discuss not to attack each other

Discuss please
Talk in peaceful way not Aggressively

And please don't Judge me or attack.....We don't SA to get worse (with anybody) in the SA Forums because this would be plain Stupidity
Sorry if I hurt any feelings. That was actually what I was trying to prevent. If we all think about how people COULD take what we say, we might avoid any toes getting stepped on.

#17 ·
To each one his own,

Why not, If people decide to use drugs to escape reality. Why not. It's been done before and I've tried it before, so why not allow what works, let to work.

Truth be told though, drugs are often only a temporary fix into what can be had permanently through mindful equilibrium, and I stand by this wholeheartedly.

Sadly reaching the full potential of humane goodness is absurdly difficult.
Practice makes perfect I suppose...

1)In answer to how much I love myself, I'd like to say it sure as heff isn't anywhere I want to be, when I'm alone it's half the time (thats on a good day), and when I'm out & about, well, self love seems to be at a minimum.

2)My own social anxiety is a tough bull to ride and the cure seems hard to reach, but it certainly isn't going to stop me from getting a Degree in Psych & Sociology to find some weapons and fight this dhum Bass war, which is how I plan to defeat SA.

4)Really, and quite seriously, I believe that no one should be faced with the ludicrous situation of having to be lonely, in fear, with out hope and sad when they don't want to be. Yes, I admit sometimes it feels so good to feel so darn out, but honestly, it should only be done by choice and never because one is cornered by the Jaws of Society.

"We're all in this Together" (RedGreen)

As I like to say, and Music Fan too now that I see,
Peace & Love

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.