Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I'm beating this...for anyone that has been following my story, I lost out on a job this week as a police officer because of SA. I was taking paxil and they disqualified me. I am angry....My anger now outweighs my fear. I went to a bar today and sat alone.. had a drink and a club sandwich. I didn't care who looked at me. No more SA for me. I'm facing this beast and beating it. Tomorrow a movie alone. Then a drink on a Friday night at a crowded bar. Maybe talk to a girl who I do not know. This will no longer own me. :duel The battle is on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice. I too made some trips out of the house finally. Felt pretty damned good (even though I didnt go very far).

However, it depends how im feeling during the day to get the courage to go somewhere myself.

Maybe the jobloss was a sign of good things to come?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i like that attitute :)
go get em :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana BANANAS 4 YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember your fear is a sign for you to keep going not to run away. And always know that the only way to eliminate fear is to go out and do it

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Good luck, i'm sure you'll do fine, keep us updated and please share your 'techniques' :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That quote

The furniture polish quote is hilarious. If you don't have a copyright on it, I would like to use that. :haha

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Have at it! :)

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Darkknight,

SunLight and Joy may also use real lemons in their dish detergent :lol. That is unreal, though.

In terms of your fight with SA, you go! As I mentioned in another post to you, just be careful with the alcohol stuff when you go into a bar. Don't let it become a coping mechanism.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats the spirit Darknight! Reading your post is great inspiration for me. SA will not own us, we will all overcome!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Confronting SA head on is one of the most difficult things I can think of, but all of us are going to have to do it eventually. Here's to bravery !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts