Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
i watched on of the linked video's as i wasn't really quite sure what/why i was watching this. but OMG!! haha!! pure genius!! i could never do this myself as i'd be way too self concious!! but if SA wasnt an issue, i'd be sure to do it too!!lol

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
In hindsight, this is supposed to show us, that people really are not judging us or even noticing us, so why do we believe they are, hence the social anxiety.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
Haha, that is awesome! It's like having a pet banana. :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I did it, walked around a bit with the banana in my pocket, ate in the food court and then went to the Home furnishings sections of macy's and decided to take my banana for a stroll. The funny thing is no one noticed the banana. I took it on a ride down the escalator, strolled past mall security who didn't even look twice. I worried that kids would step on it but nothing happened. No one laughed it was if seeing a six foot black man walk a banana was commonplace. Now whenever I feel intimidated from people watching me and depressed I'll think of the banana.

·
Just me.
63 Posts
Thats so funny! Its amazing that no one noticed you walking a banana. Great experiment!

btw... best pet ever!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
That's one of the few things I disagree with Albert Ellis on. I wouldn't do something where it is one of those borderline things where people wonder if I am actually nuts. They either know I am joking such as a job in a costume outside advertising something or I am playing a clown for real, etc. or they know I am trying to do something to improve myself that is practical or a hobby like public speaking or a sport race or something. Just not something on the border where you wonder What the heck?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.