Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have seen the last season of the bachelor, What's with all the hate towards Juan Pablo?

I think he's very honest and it's a great quality to have. A lot of people say the words "I love you" and it loses its meaning after a while, but he wants to save it for the time when he really feels it.

I like how he can just be himself and doesn't have to lie to others.

Although I do think his honesty can come off hurtful at times, especially with what he said to Clare and Andi.

What are your opinions on Juan Pablo? Is he a gentlemen or a jerk?

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
He's not that smart. In a nutshell.

Also, I don't find him in the least bit attractive? The beady eyes, the unibrow? Do not get.

Agree with 99% of the female population. Brooks forester should have been the Bachelor.

·
Banned
1,545 Posts
You know this whole program is staged, right? That's why none of the marriages have ever lasted.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
You know this whole program is staged, right? That's why none of the marriages have ever lasted.
Ahem EOL

Trista and Ryan? :lol

I believe the premise is real but the process just welcomes fame wh*ores. I mean, who wouldn't want to be on TV after all.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
I just watch it for the beautiful people tbh, which was why Juan Pablo was such a let down.

Instant libido killer. Didn't help that his vocab consisted of max 25 words.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Do you honestly believe beautiful people are single?
There are plenty.

They have relationship anxiety. I have met them in flesh and blood. Their personalities leave something to be desired.

Yea, being good looking doesn't mean anything aside from the fact that people appreciate you more. It doesn't fix head issues.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
If they want to find a real bachelor, look in any computer science or engineering program at college. They can find tons of them there.
True.

So basically a guy who doesn't work out and talks about script in his free time?

Pass
That's fine with me :). I won't have to use my looks to make money.
My millenniummanliness is more than many ladies can handle.

I just watch it for the beautiful people tbh, which was why Juan Pablo was such a let down.

Instant libido killer. Didn't help that his vocab consisted of max 25 words.
Looks fade - that's 24 of the words right there. The 25th is "uglified".

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
True.

That's fine with me :). I won't have to use my looks to make money.
My millenniummanliness is more than many ladies can handle.

Looks fade - that's 24 of the words right there. The 25th is "uglified".
How's the dating life treating you MM75?

Also, looks may fade, but genetics are forever. Genetics are like the immortal life of mortals. It's like one continuous line of being perpetuating each other. Unless you don't want children of course. Then yes, the purpose of being is temporary.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
There are plenty.

They have relationship anxiety. I have met them in flesh and blood. Their personalities leave something to be desired.

Yea, being good looking doesn't mean anything aside from the fact that people appreciate you more. It doesn't fix head issues.
The same goes for nerdy geeky guys who don't work out.

In fact, I'd argue that we have poorer skills than the good looking guy with muscles, because he gets treated better. I've seen it happen. That's probably why so many geeks are picking up weights and turning into replicas of that, because they get kicked and the bitterness makes them want to treat other people the way they were treated.

Of course, this is coming from someone who has never watched the show. And not every good looking guy is a jerk. But society cares too much about shows like this...the only time that geeks are ever put on tv, they're being mocked (Ugly Betty? The 40 Year Old Virgin? The Virgin Diaries? The Big Bang Theory?)

I wouldn't support a show that is shallow enough to throw stereotypically beautiful people together, and expect them to be good partners, just because they look good externally.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Cali, ok that was insulting.

The dating life is not good for socially anxious people, period. For those of us who hate the way we look, shows like this just make us feel more insecure.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
How's the dating life treating you MM75?

Also, looks may fade, but genetics are forever. Genetics are like the immortal life of mortals. It's like one continuous line of being perpetuating each other. Unless you don't want children of course. Then yes, the purpose of being is temporary.
Actually, I have girls talking to me all the time. It's the personality.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Cali, ok that was insulting.
No. It wasn't. I was asking as follow up to another post that I responded to him a few days ago.

I did it to you too a few days ago. As in, "How is this and this going?"

It's called a conversation, my dear. :lol

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Note to self: refrain from making small talk in Frustration forum.

Wait, not in frustration forum. All clear!

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
No. It wasn't. I was asking as follow up to another post that I responded to him a few days ago.

I did it to you too a few days ago. As in, "How is this and this going?"

It's called a conversation, my dear. :lol
Oh ok. I didn't know MM was dating. I'm kind of stuck back in 2012-2013. :teeth

Speaking of which, I need to change my wall calendar. It still says February on it. I've just been too busy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts