Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that mood you get in when you just don't feel like talking to people? What do you do when that mood won't go away even when you do want to talk to people? I feel like all my conversations for the past few months have been forced and unpleasant. I'm sure anxiety is a factor in this but...how do i make it go away lol? dumb question i know... But it seriously feels like theres an art to enjoying oneself with other people that i just cant seem to master.
any thoughts?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think that, in such a situation, you should just try to convince yourself that the conversation could very well become an enjoyable one and just throw yourself in. Maybe the other person won't cooperate, but you just have to 'do your best' and don't care so much about what he/she will think about you.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
i cant master it either

and it is by far the most important skill on earth

and apparently, some people who cant stop themselves from doing it! and then theres us who not with a billion dollars could do this

FACT
a man who works hard, helps people, gives to charity, does his best to look good and maintain hygene, BUT has not mastered the art of having a good time will be ignored and not cared about by all. he goes out and everyone will wanna get the **** away from him, cause he's boring as ****. who gives a **** if hes a nice person

A man who doesnt care about anyone, takes advantage of everyone, doesnt bother dressing nice, but has mastered the art of having a good time will be loved by all.
who gives a **** if he does bad stuff, hes fun!!!

so yeah, how do we do this??? any thoughts??? anyone!!
and dont say "get drunk" cause i jusst tried that last night, and it doesnt do ****

·
Still Running
387 Posts
Depression is a likely culprit in not being able to get past "that mood won't go away even when you do want to talk to people". I think, and I'm not a doctor, but depression is a major side effect, if not a component of social anxiety. You may need treatment with antidepressants to help get yourself on a social activity level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts