Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I not sure how much this would directly relate to SA in most people, but one of the things I have noticed is that I have an extremely weak sense of reality, and basically anyone at all can come along and 'out frame' me and then basically mess with my emotions in any way they like. So after going over this yesterday and realizing how important it can be I thought I'd share it here.

The four pillars are-

1. Your Identity (who you see yourself as)

2. Your Values (your opinions/ beliefs ect)

3. Your Personal Boundaries (where you draw the line with other peoples behavior)

4. How you expect others to act around you (happy, fun, interesting ect)

I hope it makes sense the way I've written it here. The blueprint, by the way, is absolutely the best 'seduction' product I have ever come across, after wasting way too much time reading that stuff. It is not going to cure your SA, but it goes really in depth into a lot of social phenomenon. I would recommend it to anybody (but I do think it is a bit overpriced) .

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
You could take these four sub-groups and deliberate on them with your therapist. Or just mull over and explore each of them yourself.

I personally need to put some work into these.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I used to be really into RSD. Now I got away from it. I realized that I was faking who I was, and I was becoming delusional. I noticed that I transformed from a loser to a weird delusional guy. I think RSD's idea of putting yourself out there and improving your social skills is good, but beyond that everything else should come off naturally, and no pua techniques should be used when developing social skills. Things such as being non reactive are delusional.

I even got more turned off from RSD when I found out Tyler and the rest of his instructors are not really charismatic and have mediocre looking girlfriends. You can tell they are marketers when they heavily emphasize that looks, money and other important stuff don't matter.

Overall, the basic idea of socializing and improving your social skills is good; everything else is to get on the people's pockets. These four pillars could be good if they come off naturally, by improving yourself, and not by faking it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to be really into RSD. Now I got away from it. I realized that I was faking who I was, and I was becoming delusional. I noticed that I transformed from a loser to a weird delusional guy. I think RSD's idea of putting yourself out there and improving your social skills is good, but beyond that everything else should come off naturally, and no pua techniques should be used when developing social skills. Things such as being non reactive are delusional.

I even got more turned off from RSD when I found out Tyler and the rest of his instructors are not really charismatic and have mediocre looking girlfriends. You can tell they are marketers when they heavily emphasize that looks, money and other important stuff don't matter.

Overall, the basic idea of socializing and improving your social skills is good; everything else is to get on the people's pockets. These four pillars could be good if they come off naturally, by improving yourself, and not by faking it.
Hmm... well I do have any real life experience to base this off, but just based on my gut feeling I would have to disagree with you.

First of all, half the point what RSD says, at least from my interpretation, is that its all supposed to be natural and that you shouldn't 'techniques'.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'being non reactive is delusional'. Being 'non reactive', as far as I can tell, simply means acting like a confidence person acts. For example lets say an a hot girls randomly walks up to a guy on the street and says 'your a looser'. How will the guy react?

If he is reacting to her:

Girl : Your a looser
Guy : (oh no... I'm a looser, wft do I do?)

If he is not:

Girl: Your a looser
Guy : lol

The nonreactive guy is not buying into her frame. He knows who is his, and anything she says which contradicts this is therefore wrong.

As there is no objective standard of 'coolness', I do not see how you can label anyone with this mindset as 'delusional'.

But this is just my take on it, these guys are making alot of money and everyone should decided for themselves.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hmm... well I do have any real life experience to base this off, but just based on my gut feeling I would have to disagree with you.

First of all, half the point what RSD says, at least from my interpretation, is that its all supposed to be natural and that you shouldn't 'techniques'.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'being non reactive is delusional'. Being 'non reactive', as far as I can tell, simply means acting like a confidence person acts. For example lets say an a hot girls randomly walks up to a guy on the street and says 'your a looser'. How will the guy react?

If he is reacting to her:

Girl : Your a looser
Guy : (oh no... I'm a looser, wft do I do?)

If he is not:

Girl: Your a looser
Guy : lol

The nonreactive guy is not buying into her frame. He knows who is his, and anything she says which contradicts this is therefore wrong.

As there is no objective standard of 'coolness', I do not see how you can label anyone with this mindset as 'delusional'.

But this is just my take on it, these guys are making alot of money and everyone should decided for themselves.
In the example you are using, being non reactive may be ok.

But think of that example involving an unattractive fat guy that is dressed like a bum. Also think of the girl having a meaner tone of voice. I would think that such a guy is being delusional. Tyler makes it seem that an unattractive person can get laid by a 10 but that is 99.99% of the time not the case. He also makes it seem that whatever stupidity we may say is ok as long it is said in the right manner; this is something I find wrong.

Now think of that same fat guy loosing weight and actually builds up a six pack; and that same guy also decides to improve his looks by getting rid of his acne and buying some new clothes. Then now we're talking. This guy would then have a reason to have a confident reality and not a delusional one. This guy's looks may not be perfect but with some social skills and many other great things going for him, this guy could actually pull a 10.

I hugely doubt an unattrative person or even an average person can pull a 10 by being delusional and faking and hiding all the bad aspects they have inside of themselves. By an unattractive fat guy being nonreactive, he may come off as being delusional; and his actions may come off weird.

I do think being unreactive can sometimes be helpful when having social anxiety and having to deal with people picking on us. Sometimes people laughed at me during class. But since I kept my frame, the laughs or the picking on me eventually went away.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I hugely doubt an unattrative person or even an average person can pull a 10 by being delusional and faking and hiding all the bad aspects they have inside of themselves. By an unattractive fat guy being nonreactive, he may come off as being delusional; and his actions may come off weird.
I disagree.

We all know somebody who does well socially and with women on their personality alone despite not having good looks or money. Kevin Federline is probably the biggest example I can think of. I dont think any women thought he was particularly good looking, he was a stuggling dancer and he pulled the most sought after woman in the world. Napoleon, Al Pacino, Tom Cruise, Neil Strauss ..etc all short guys, less than 5'7" tall, who could blame their short comings on their height, but didnt let it hold them back.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the example you are using, being non reactive may be ok.

But think of that example involving an unattractive fat guy that is dressed like a bum. Also think of the girl having a meaner tone of voice. I would think that such a guy is being delusional. Tyler makes it seem that an unattractive person can get laid by a 10 but that is 99.99% of the time not the case. He also makes it seem that whatever stupidity we may say is ok as long it is said in the right manner; this is something I find wrong.

Now think of that same fat guy loosing weight and actually builds up a six pack; and that same guy also decides to improve his looks by getting rid of his acne and buying some new clothes. Then now we're talking. This guy would then have a reason to have a confident reality and not a delusional one. This guy's looks may not be perfect but with some social skills and many other great things going for him, this guy could actually pull a 10.

I do think being unreactive can sometimes be helpful when having social anxiety and having to deal with people picking on us. Sometimes people laughed at me during class. But since I kept my frame, the laughs or the picking on me eventually went away.
Ok I think I see where you are coming from. When I heard Tyler say that looks do not matter at all, I thought that was pretty convenient for a guy making his living selling this stuff and that he was probably exaggerating. Maybe he was, I have no idea. But I also think that it might not matter for him because his social skills are so far above average that the normal rules do not apply to him. Either way I do not see how it can be in your advantage to react to people.

Tyler has this example where there are three types of guys. One guy has a delusional belief in himself that causes him to be blind to people's negative reactions toward him. Another guy is more socially aware, and he can read peoples reactions to him, and will be more or less confident depending on their reactions. Tyler says you want to be this third guy, who is good at reading social cues but doesn't care, he is not affected by them. In my experience this is how a lot of confident guys act. I have also observed that people who are 'cool enough' to pull it off do sometimes say some of the stupidest things, which if were said by someone socially awkward could come off as very weird. And it's quite possible that confident people might, and probably have at least a few times, come across to others as weird or delusional, but the whole point is that they won't care, because they don't buy into other peoples frames.

From my understanding the RSD perspective is that if you seek confidence through the outside world you will ultimately do yourself more harm than good. I don't know how practical this is for people with SA, I think it's better to deal with SA first and then worry about this. But for the guy in our example, what on earth is wrong with him being confident before he can 'pull a 10'? Then, if he wants to get a '10', he can make whatever improvements to himself that make that possible. I don't think he should ignore his faults, but he shouldn't need to fix them to be confident, he should fix them to get whatever advantages that will bring.

I don't know about you, but in the past I've been in a lot of situations where someone had some quality that I thought made them a 'looser' or something like that, and therefore if they were confident they were 'being delusional'. But then I met them, and they were confident, and in the end they sucked me into their frame. This used to be very confusing for me, because my sense of reality was being messed with. This is why I think it's just all in your head, you decide if you would be 'delusional' if you were to act confident or if yours is in fact the correct frame.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Ok I think I see where you are coming from. When I heard Tyler say that looks do not matter at all, I thought that was pretty convenient for a guy making his living selling this stuff and that he was probably exaggerating. Maybe he was, I have no idea. But I also think that it might not matter for him because his social skills are so far above average that the normal rules do not apply to him. Either way I do not see how it can be in your advantage to react to people.

Tyler has this example where there are three types of guys. One guy has a delusional belief in himself that causes him to be blind to people's negative reactions toward him. Another guy is more socially aware, and he can read peoples reactions to him, and will be more or less confident depending on their reactions. Tyler says you want to be this third guy, who is good at reading social cues but doesn't care, he is not affected by them. In my experience this is how a lot of confident guys act. I have also observed that people who are 'cool enough' to pull it off do sometimes say some of the stupidest things, which if were said by someone socially awkward could come off as very weird. And it's quite possible that confident people might, and probably have at least a few times, come across to others as weird or delusional, but the whole point is that they won't care, because they don't buy into other peoples frames.

From my understanding the RSD perspective is that if you seek confidence through the outside world you will ultimately do yourself more harm than good. I don't know how practical this is for people with SA, I think it's better to deal with SA first and then worry about this. But for the guy in our example, what on earth is wrong with him being confident before he can 'pull a 10'? Then, if he wants to get a '10', he can make whatever improvements to himself that make that possible. I don't think he should ignore his faults, but he shouldn't need to fix them to be confident, he should fix them to get whatever advantages that will bring.

I don't know about you, but in the past I've been in a lot of situations where someone had some quality that I thought made them a 'looser' or something like that, and therefore if they were confident they were 'being delusional'. But then I met them, and they were confident, and in the end they sucked me into their frame. This used to be very confusing for me, because my sense of reality was being messed with. This is why I think it's just all in your head, you decide if you would be 'delusional' if you were to act confident or if yours is in fact the correct frame.
I'm not sold on being unreactive getting you laid. Confidence is great but is not everything, and being unreactive is just exagerating. Everyone cares of what other people think. Girls, especially the 10s, couldn't possibly date guys that don't care of what others think. A girl couldn't possibly go to a club and see her boyfriend doing a stupid elephant sound, or screaming and dancing in the middle of club making a fool out of himself, especially if the bf is unattractive. Johnny Depp might not even pull that off. This is an extreme example but this could also go for social interactions. Good looking girls have standards on how guys should interact, no matter how the subcommunication goes. Good looking girls also care about what other people think their boyfriends are. If they are obese, work in McDonalds, live with their mom etc.

Tyler doesn't even have proof his method works. Where are his infield videos? Why does he hide his gf's face in the rsd site? (I've seen her picture, but I don't have it saved; she is a 6 tops) The other instructors also have no proof other than basic social interactions of their students with girls. There is just like 2 20 second miniclips of Tim making out with a girl who has her face blurred out, and another of Ossie carrying a drunk, mediocre looking girl in the dance floor.

I applied the being unreactive method in social interactions; it was good getting me out of the comfort zone and all and it made me funny in a way, but it stopped being good when it lowered my social standards; I might get friends doing that, but I don't think many girls would feel attracted. Average guys can't get girls just by being confident; they also have standards they have to follow.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I disagree.

We all know somebody who does well socially and with women on their personality alone despite not having good looks or money. Kevin Federline is probably the biggest example I can think of. I dont think any women thought he was particularly good looking, he was a stuggling dancer and he pulled the most sought after woman in the world. Napoleon, Al Pacino, Tom Cruise, Neil Strauss ..etc all short guys, less than 5'7" tall, who could blame their short comings on their height, but didnt let it hold them back.
All of the people you mentioned are famous, thus it helps them to get laid. You might have a point on Federline though. I don't know much about him.

·
Registered
424 Posts
All of the people you mentioned are famous, thus it helps them to get laid. You might have a point on Federline though. I don't know much about him.
Lots of people on this site would have used their height as an excuse that prevented them from acheiving fame.

LOOKS DONT MATTER. I would be willing to wager LOTS of money that they were doing just fine with the ladies before their fame too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts