Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's tough to put a positive spin on my recent encounter with **** luck.

I had mentioned in a post last week that I'd be off to the forests for a solid month-long contract, but have already returned minus a few hundred dollars and a functioning brush saw. Only a few hours into my workday did my saw essentially destroy itself and put me out of a job ... for now. The saw itself is worth a little over one grand, so I'm not too keen to go buy another one, at least not this season. To be as bright and sunny as possible, you could say I took a two day trip into Western Quebec (which is actually quite gorgeous) to visit a logging camp.

Now I'm back home, making the final touches on my resume before I go off searching for a job to keep me occupied for the next month, and supported for the school year.

So, ya...SA. I don't seem to have any. I'm still borderline shy. Too early to call me cured, though. School will be the big test. But for now, things are fine. I'm going to try to avoid idle time by devoting some of my energy to self-improvement projects, such as relearning French and obtaining First Aid certification.

Slowly improving...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Glad to hear you are improving! :banana

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Username,

It's a shame that the logging trip didn't completely work out, but there may have been a good reason why it didn't - you might have to wait and see.....

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that your logging trip didn't turn out the way you expected it to and that your saw was damaged. But the news concerning your SA is most welcome! I hope you continue to beat it and have a successful school year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts