Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I'm a man and i don't shave my legs and pits

Votes: 62 59.6%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This goes back to my father telling me how people in his generation didn't shave their legs or arms. In my youth, alot of my guy friends shaved their pits and couldn't stand seeing a woman with hair on her anywhere.
Anyways, so im wondering:

How many of you women do not shave your legs and under your arms?
and
How many of you men do shave your legs and under your arms.
And whats your thought on the matter?
See what i did there?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm not quite sure how to answer this, being particular about keeping my underarms smooth, but admittedly pretty lax about my legs. I'm not furry on principle, though. It's just that I'm single, not looking to date anytime soon, and live in a cooler climate where I wear pants all year round. If I were in a relationship, looking for one, or knew someone was going to have to see them (doctor, for instance), I keep everything smooth.

Body hair on other people, though? I find it extremely attractive-- have a bit of a "thing" for it, to be honest. I know I'm in the minority on this one.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
I'm male, I rarely even shave my facial hair - not because I'm aiming for some sort of 'look', but because I'm poor and lazy and razors are expensive and require effort.

However one time I did use an electric shaver thingy on my legs and arms because I was drunk and bored, and it was kinda fun. But like, I don't have any real desire to repeat this excercise on a regular basis.

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
If I am by myself and it's winter, I don't bother. Otherwise yes, I wax/shave all hair off everywhere except my head and eyebrows.

I like scruffy men.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I trim my leg hairs to a high 1 with clippers once every 2 weeks. Trim (not shave) armpits once every 3 to 4 days.

The trimming my legs thing I got from my ex years ago. We were cuddling and one day she had sweat pants on. Then shes like "babe your leg hairs are poking me!". Thats when my trimming days started. Anyways im sort of a pretty boy. I try to keep my body top notch. If you know what I mean ;)

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Nah, whenever I shave anything but my face it looks very weird... I actually like armpit hair, it makes me look like a manly man! lol...

And my legs are hairy as all ****, but I don't really care to be honest.

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
I trim my leg hairs to a high 1 with clippers once every 2 weeks. Trim (not shave) armpits once every 3 to 4 days.

The trimming my legs thing I got from my ex years ago. We were cuddling and one day she had sweat pants on. Then shes like "babe your leg hairs are poking me!". Thats when my trimming days started. Anyways im sort of a pretty boy. I try to keep my body top notch. If you know what I mean ;)
Doesn't trimming make the hair more poke-y? :sus Untrimmed hair is softer, isn't it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Doesn't trimming make the hair more poke-y? :sus Untrimmed hair is softer, isn't it?
Mine arent pokey. I dont shave my leg hairs. Honestly idk what my ex was complaining about. Maybe I had too much. As long as I dont shave my legs, they are still sort of curly.

Plus I HATE having too much hair. Except for my face. I have alot of facial hair but I keep it nicely shaped.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I trimmed one of my legs with my beard trimmer recently. (Out of curiosity)
It looks okay I guess, as my leg hair gets kinda curly.

I've never done anything to my arm pits, I don't really see the point in that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I trimmed one of my legs with my beard trimmer recently. (Out of curiosity)
It looks okay I guess, as my leg hair gets kinda curly.

I've never done anything to my arm pits, I don't really see the point in that.
Arent your arm pits like forests or a big piece of broccoli?

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I trim all of my body hair fairly short with an electric razor. A man shaving himself baby-*** smooth seems kind of prissy to me. Nothing wrong with it, though.

·
Banned
360 Posts
I am one of the rare women who chooses not to shave her quite hairy legs (and sometimes pits). When I entered puberty and noticed hair appearing on me, I was quite excited about it since it made me feel like a mature woman. Then I began paying attention to other women's legs and pits and could not understand why none of them had any hair in those areas. To this date I don't understand; why the shaving craze with women?? It seems to me there is no much point to the practice other than doing it because that's what you're "supposed" to do nowadays as a woman. I'm quite assured if unshaven women were advertised in a positive, attractive light, instead of shaved women, there would be a gradual shift in people's appreciation for hairy women. I remember my grandma telling how her husband used to get turned on by her armpit hair. And even today, there are a lot of men who prefer "natural" women.

Anyways. Concerning my experiences on going unshaven in public with all the SA in the background. Yes, it's a struggle every time I get out of the house, but I manage to do it every summer and once even made it to school. In school, nobody seemed to notice, otherwise, people tend to stare for a long while, whisper to the neighbor, or give me "the look". Once I was approached by a decent-looking man who wanted to get to know me, claimed he liked nature...

My message is, as a woman, you don't have to shave in order to be and feel beautiful and accepted. After all, it's just hair, if someone cannot respect you because you chose to go out the way nature made you, shame on them, they've got some growing up to do.

·
Banned
1,918 Posts
I'm a woman and I don't shave, but I do sugar wax my armpits. I'm lazy and this takes no effort and it doesn't hurt at all for me. It only takes less than a minute to do. I've only waxed my legs twice and the hair are thinner and softer now that it's not even visible.

also, I'd like to point out that there is nothing unnatural about shaving or removing hair. It's the same as getting a haircut when you don't like the way it is. So I don't see how hairy women are any more "natural" than women who shave and stuff. :blank

·
(O_o)
168 Posts
i use to trim my legs cause they are mad hairy, it was only because I would wear short shorts to play sports. I guess it also depends on your build also, if you got skinny legs and they are hairy as hell they look kind weird lol. but no hair on a mans legs looks too sexy for his own good =) I guess its all proportions as with anything else.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm somewhat hairy tbh but there's no shaving anything but my head and trimming my facial hair. I've been out with a girl who found body hair unattractive but she didn't let it bother her that I had a hairy chest etc so I've never been given reason to feel insecure about it.

Women tend to be less judgemental about these things, we men are lucky in this department as I haven't met a guy who likes hairy women in my travels and it tends to be viewed as a fetish, in western culture atleast.

But being hairy I can still accept some people can't stand body hair, to each their own as they say.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts