Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It can be so hard. I feel like I only get rid of it for a little while, say while I'm doing something I enjoy. But then I just think of things I have to do soon that I'm not looking forward to and the panicky feeling comes back. It's hard to describe. It's not like the sort of panic you feel that eases off, it's constant. When it lasts for days, I feel so tired. I just wish I could hide sometimes. I feel like everyone is pushing me and I just can't handle it, and yet I can't tell them why for a number of reasons.

Sorry, this is a rant more than anything.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Its a sort of tension (as opposed to panic) I feel. Its with me at all times. I'm so used to it I don't even realise it most of the time. But I'll catch myself sometimes, with my shoulders all hunched up, over nothing. And then I'll consciously try and relax -and I do, but not for long, its not a deep kinda relaxation. The panic only comes at me when I have to do things involving meeting new people, going out orworst of all doing academic work. It rises from my stomach. And I run from it, everytime. And postpone whatever I have to do until the last possible minute.

I also feel like I'm in a hurry all the time. Read a book? No, I'm in a hurry. Go out for a walk? No, I'm in a hurry. Worst of all I feel thishurry tug at me when I'm talking to people. I'm in such a hurry I can't find anything to say. But I don't run away or anything; its not that kinda of hurry. I'll stay physically do what needs to be done. But my mind is always hurried. I think if I could just stop myself at these times I might do better with people.

·
Registered
416 Posts
most of the SSRIs have anti anxiety properties built into it. you could try those to reduce panic feelings.

Natural things to do would be walking , meditation and deep breathing.

As far as walking goes, you could just pace back and forth in your room . that is good enough. that is what I do when I get anxiety or panic attacks.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Jer hit the nail on the head with my solution. I was exactly the same from 18-21, just this constant feeling of anxiety and panic, day after day, as soon as I wake up and it got to the stage where I was wondering is this was just how every human felt. It was only once I went onto SSRI's that this suddenly went away. They were brilliant and eradicating that daily anxiety and allowed me to actually enjoy parts of my life outside of my main SA zones. I was still as afraid as ever of my SA situations but I was nowhere near as anxious day to day as I has been.

I would definitely give them a look, I know people try to stay away from meds but really they do help a lot.

good luck!

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
I too have this constant underlying tension/anxiety at all times. I try to do some exercises/stretching as well as meditation to help but still it remains. Now that I've been off meds for a while I have to agree that they didn't solve the problem but they definitely took some of the edge off, I may look into trying them again thinking of it now

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can relate to almost always having this sense of panic. Its like a cringe feeling like waiting for something bad to happen. It takes forever to get rid of and when I do manage to rid myself of the feeling, after I go to sleep I wake up with it again.. ****IN A. Prevents me from having a productive day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts