Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had that critique due and I didn't finish it. It's all that I did from Wednesday to Monday. Nothing else. I still did not manage to get it done. It's worth 20% of my mark and I feel really embarassed to go to class now. Life sucks! I'm going to go talk to the prof, but I don't think that she can do anything for me. Oh well, my loss.

Plus after the torture that I put myself through this weekend, I am not coming back to school next year. Can you believe what a few days can do for your self-esteem, oh God!

I probably cried like 7 times.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Perhaps you could put in for 'extenuating circumstances'? They'll give you an extra week or something. Sounds like you haven't had too great a time lately so you could get it. Though I don't know if they do that where you are studying. Worth asking about though.

Don't chuck it all in just yet!

And you're not stupid!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I know how you feel. But I would seriously advise you not to give up. I had a 15 pg paper that I saved until the last moment, and it was literally like a slow painful torture getting it done. Luckily, the day before it was due I talked to the professor and he agreed to let me and the rest of the class turn it in a day and a half later. it really does help to go directly to the professor and talk to them of your difficulties. If they don't listen, talk to someone in the department who is above them. All is not lost.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My last assignment before being done classes forever (hooray!), I got back today, 57%. I wrote an assignment worth 25% of my mark in a couple hours. I was completely amazed that I somehow got that all written, as sloppy as it was. But it was handed in late too. And I am too embarrassed to even read his comments. I am going to throw it in the garbage. lol Sometimes it helps to accept that sometimes you are going to do awesome and sometimes just getting in, late or not will have to do. You do the best you can at the time, right?
Keep persevering...it will be worth it and you will think back to when you almost quit because of an assignment that wasn't handed in...and be relieved that you didn't. At least I hope that's what happens. Don't give up. :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm the slowest person I know, believe me! I am constantly questioning whether I should be in school or not! I don't know how my roommates write like three papers in a day, when I can't even write one in three! I don't understand how people get things done. The more immersed in something I am, the longer it takes too. And I always feel low self esteem whenever I do assignments. I feel like this is never going to go away for me.

I hope you do finish your assignment though. You might feel better for it in the end. And remember there's always people stupider (me, for example) so don't worry!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted to thank you guys. Reading all your little comments helped. My teacher said that she would still mark it to my surprise, but I got home and read it and I really should have read it over before I handed it in. The stress of not handing it in was getting to me, but if I would have just took another five minutes to reread it. I could have fixed some simple mistakes that I'm not happy with. It really taught me a lesson though, I hope. That is start sooner since you know that paper's are difficult for you, ask for help if that's what you need and try to find an extra person that can read it over and give you feedback. I think that I needed this more than anything.

If anyone has great sites that offer ASA title pages or where the page number goes on each page that would be great. Does anyone know if it's eg. March 1 on the top right hand corner of the page or how does ASA work?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I wanted to thank you guys. Reading all your little comments helped. My teacher said that she would still mark it to my surprise, but I got home and read it and I really should have read it over before I handed it in. The stress of not handing it in was getting to me, but if I would have just took another five minutes to reread it. I could have fixed some simple mistakes that I'm not happy with. It really taught me a lesson though, I hope. That is start sooner since you know that paper's are difficult for you, ask for help if that's what you need and try to find an extra person that can read it over and give you feedback. I think that I needed this more than anything.

If anyone has great sites that offer ASA title pages or where the page number goes on each page that would be great. Does anyone know if it's eg. March 1 on the top right hand corner of the page or how does ASA work?
http://depts.gallaudet.edu/englishworks/writing/asa.html

there's other just type in ASA style paper example

1 - 9 of 9 Posts