Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get test anxiety? I've been getting it as of late. I go in take the test and then it feels like I forgot almost everything.

I had it very badly today but despite that I think I did okay, especially after calming down although I probably didn't get the grade I wanted to get.

·
Something to hope for
138 Posts
I have some severe test anxiety, I find the only way I can control it is to make sure that I'm prepared for the exam. Then if the negative thoughts seep in, I can combat them with thoughts that I worked hard, and it's out of my control if I do badly.

·
Parsimonious Postgraduate
1,067 Posts
I have anxiety, sometimes so severe I have panic attacks.

Usually I get nervous and bounce my leg and I almost forget everything.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
i get it at the beginning (when the teacher passes around the test) and i get it at the end (when i think over the test problems carefully and realize all the mistakes i made - i don't have enough to do not to waste time like that), and finally when the teacher is passing them back (then i am probably the most anxious of all).

also sometimes when i am running low on time i might get anxious. most of it is anticipatory anxiety rather than anxiety from not being able to interpret all the symbols or get the meaning of the questions.

·
Greenmail
4,205 Posts
I get blurry vision and concentration problems and I get really anxious. If I dont know one question it turns out really bad for me and I panic. I study really hard because I dont have a great memory in the first place. It turns out ok because I write really fast which makes up for the time I spend mentally freaking out.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
I had the opposite. My freshman year I had almost a completely apathetic attitude when it came to tests. I usually studied for about an hour beforehand (after not reading or paying attention or even going to class at all) and then when I go in I figure, w/e, I'll just pull myself up on the last test + final. Worked pretty well, save for one class that I failed. Last semester I didn't even go to some tests though, slept through 2 of my finals, didn't study for the other two finals I did make it to, which pretty much implies my test anxiety was more of a test indifference. Never really studied for a test at all last semester. Course I failed everything, save German.

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Does anyone else get test anxiety? I've been getting it as of late. I go in take the test and then it feels like I forgot almost everything.

I had it very badly today but despite that I think I did okay, especially after calming down although I probably didn't get the grade I wanted to get.
Have you tried prioritizing the studying of what you think your teacher will test you on? Normally teachers drop off hints during lectures on what will be on a test. Try making a study guide for the test; write down the terms for important concepts etc.
I think that you're studying everything that you get taught in class which can be quite overwhelming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts