Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! So I'm 18 going off to college and I'm freaking terrified. It starts in about a month and I get more and more anxious everyday. The worst part is I haven't really fellt these anxieties in over two years. I had finally narrowed down my friend group in highschool to 3 inportant people. I finallly felt accepted and loved. For years I always had that awful feeling of sitting in class and being the only person people didn't want to be partners with(I hate partner assignments). I went to a private prep school and as a poor financial aid kid I never felt like I belonged. I'm a nice person, I know I am but for the most part people don't seem interested. I guess I'm not confident enough? I'm the worst around boys. I've never had a first kiss. I should be really happy. I got into my first choice school, I'm going into pre med. and I was until school ended, I stopped seeing my friends and I started having panic attacks again. I got really depressed and lonely because everybody works so I hardly talk to anyone. I'm in a bad place right now. I feel like I'm 13 again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
welcome to SAS! College is a big transition. hope you find what you need here :)
Congrats on getting into your first choice, Pre-med = very cool :yay

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, SamanthaMay! :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hang in there. You just may find some great friends at college!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts