Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1901 - 1920 of 2085 Posts

· Super Moderator
38,859 Posts
First my rotary shaver crapped out & now my beard trimmer won’t charge…it works plugged in with reduced power though, enough for a stubble beard anyway, not much beyond that
Do you think you might be able to get it apart and order a new battery for it? The batteries are often way cheaper than a new one.

· Born Of Blotmonað
22,246 Posts
Do you think you might be able to get it apart and order a new battery for it? The batteries are often way cheaper than a new one.
I never thought about trying to take it apart & replace the battery. I’d imagine that’s an option for the fancy ones but this ain’t one of them…still, I’ll see if that’s an option, thanks

· Registered
2,159 Posts
My Passport arrived this morning. 🥳. Now to get back to not travelling anywhere because I can't afford to.

· Registered
9,045 Posts
I kept hearing a noise in my closet in the middle of the morning but didn't feel like seeing what it was until after I got all my rest. By the time I woke up, the noise stopped.

I guess it's a mouse. 😒 I thought I heard something scratching itself at one point but i wouldn't hear a mouse doing that. I checked my closet anyways even when the noise was gone.

Going to order some peppermint oil online.

· Registered
1,578 Posts

· Super Moderator
10,208 Posts
I haven’t had a microwave at home for 5 years…when I moved here I didn’t own one, didn’t have funds for one, & it’s never been a priority…didn’t take me long to adapt to not having one & honestly the only time I think about it is when someone comes round & is shocked I don’t own one & have no plans to get one
Not having a microwave for me is hard since I cook often and often have leftovers I need to reheat. While how much I eat per meal is inconsistent, so that again often leads to having leftovers a lot.

Did you try to cook a turkey in your microwave?
The new one arrived. I will try this.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

· Born Of Blotmonað
22,246 Posts
Not having a microwave for me is hard since I cook often and often have leftovers I need to reheat. While how much I eat per meal is inconsistent, so that again often leads to having leftovers a lot.
I reheat things too, you just adjust your habits…I reheat in a pot or in the stove oven, instead of spending money on a microwave is all. Once I got into the new habit there’s never been any reason to buy another microwave

· Registered
9,045 Posts
I didn't want to get up before 8 am to get ready for my job interview. I wonder if I should've asked the woman on the phone if I could do my interview later than 9. :unsure: I'm not sure if that would look bad on me or not to ask if I can do it later. I don't know the rules on that so I agreed with her to do it at 9 am.

Would've given me more time to sleep in but no big deal. I hope I get the job. Although, a red flag is when a company says they're like family. She used to say it was drama free, though so it's hard to tell. She looked down to earth but that means nothing. It has to be better than my current job.

· Super Moderator
38,859 Posts
Although, a red flag is when a company says they're like family. She used to say it was drama free, though so it's hard to tell. She looked down to earth but that means nothing. It has to be better than my current job.
It always weirds me out when people say things like that. :LOL:

· Registered
9,045 Posts
It always weirds me out when people say things like that. :LOL:
Yeeeea, the current job I had was like that too at my interview. He would try to get me to feel comfortable and say, "We're like family here. We treat everyone like they're family." I was naive then and believed it at first cause I didn't know then that it was a major red flag.

On the brightside, I won't be making any less than 10 an hour and I get tips. She said it's worth it. So, idk.

If I get the job, I wonder if I should take it. I can always keep applying elsewhere after 2 months of working there. Or 3 months. If they don't even tell me I'm the worst worker they had. 🤣

· Irretrievably Lost
3,619 Posts
My stupid apartment is so impossibly small. I'm trying to buy a new sofa and chair but nothing will fit not even the smallest ones I can find. I've measured and remeasured over and over. The only way to have a chair is to have it sticking out funny and like right in the way of everything. I need like an extra foot at least to work with here lol. So idk if I should just go with a moderately larger sofa or just keep my current tiny sofa and try to cram a tiny chair my living in somewhere.

· Registered
9,045 Posts
My stupid apartment is so impossibly small. I'm trying to buy a new sofa and chair but nothing will fit not even the smallest ones I can find. I've measured and remeasured over and over. The only way to have a chair is to have it sticking out funny and like right in the way of everything. I need like an extra foot at least to work with here lol. So idk if I should just go with a moderately larger sofa or just keep my current tiny sofa and try to cram a tiny chair my living in somewhere.
That sounds annoying. Lol You should have like 10 feet of extra space at least. I guess it's one of those tiny apartments?

· Super Moderator
38,859 Posts
I don't know why I didn't just buy a recliner last time I needed a new chair. I can't even sit in office chair for very long without serious back pain but for some stupid reason I keep buying uncomfortable office chairs. Just goes to show how even when people think they are independent thinkers, they are often still heavily influenced by norms. The whole desk chair thing is just what's expected. Even though I have a 32" TV for my desk "monitor"

1901 - 1920 of 2085 Posts