Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1881 - 1900 of 1932 Posts

·
Irretrievably Lost
3,511 Posts
My super annoying upstairs neighbor was up early this morning like 7 AM. That's usually when I get up. She never gets up early on Sundays. Usually she doesn't get up until 11 or 12 or later. I was totally pissed. Sunday mornings are mine dammit. Its nice to have the building be completely quiet for 4 or 5 hours in the morning. It feels like I'm the only one living here when it's quiet like that.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
My super annoying upstairs neighbor was up early this morning like 7 AM. That's usually when I get up. She never gets up early on Sundays. Usually she doesn't get up until 11 or 12 or later. I was totally pissed. Sunday mornings are mine dammit. Its nice to have the building be completely quiet for 4 or 5 hours in the morning. It feels like I'm the only one living here when it's quiet like that.
Normally, it wouldn't bother me if neighbors are awake/home but my upstairs neighbors are obnoxious turds who stomp around on bare hardwood floors wearing their shoes. I don't live on a schedule really so they're often stomping around directly over my bed while I'm trying to sleep.

And of course that's just the adults. They also have two kids up there who scream like animals and run back and forth constantly.

·
Irretrievably Lost
3,511 Posts
Normally, it wouldn't bother me if neighbors are awake/home but my upstairs neighbors are obnoxious turds who stomp around on bare hardwood floors wearing their shoes. I don't live on a schedule really so they're often stomping around directly over my bed while I'm trying to sleep.

And of course that's just the adults. They also have two kids up there who scream like animals and run back and forth constantly.
Yep that's my neighbor, an obnoxious turd. Nosey too. She also stomps around in the bedroom late at night when I'm trying to sleep. I've asked her not to a bunch of times but she keeps doing it. At least I only have the one neighbor. I can't imagine kids running around. Yikes. I feel for you on that one.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
I don't know what the hell is going on with the water heater. I spent 65 dollars on it to get something fixed but still only warm water and not hot. When it's really cold outside, warm water feels like cold water. I know nothing about water heaters.
You will be lucky if you don't have to replace the whole thing. I was surprised to learn water heaters really don't last very long.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Managed to snag some Jlab buds for less than $15. They're already reasonably priced at $20 but at this price, they're a steal. I'm not really the biggest fan of earbuds due to the fact they make my ear holes hurt after a while but that's kind of a necessary evil when you have noisy neighbors and you can't tolerate excessive noise. I have another set of Jlab buds but their battery life is so short they're a pain to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
Worried
7,603 Posts
I've heard of paper cuts before, but never really believed it somehow. Surely paper edges can't be that sharp? Turns out they can. The other day, I accidentally sliced my finger along the edge of a page of a glossy and fairly new book I have. It drew a little blood.

·
(.*?)
10,147 Posts
I'm not really the biggest fan of earbuds due to the fact they make my ear holes hurt after a while but that's kind of a necessary evil when you have noisy neighbors and you can't tolerate excessive noise.
Don't over-ear headphones work better for noise because they isolate your ears properly? I only use my earbuds outdoors, headphones indoors (although when it comes to blocking out neighbor sounds my white noise machines are much more effective and less unpleasant to keep on for hours).

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,568 Posts
I don't know what the hell is going on with the water heater. I spent 65 dollars on it to get something fixed but still only warm water and not hot. When it's really cold outside, warm water feels like cold water. I know nothing about water heaters.
They all have a thermostat on them, the technician may have lowered the temperature on it for some reason or another. One could hope for such a thing, as it is an easy fix, much beyond that and it gets to be a process of elimination to find what is wrong with it.

If you do try to adjust it, and it is an electric water heater make sure you turn it off from your electric box via the switch.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
I've heard of paper cuts before, but never really believed it somehow. Surely paper edges can't be that sharp? Turns out they can. The other day, I accidentally sliced my finger along the edge of a page of a glossy and fairly new book I have. It drew a little blood.
I'm amazed and envied you never had one before this. 😱

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
The discount airpods I purchased that I don't need just arrived. I had a pair a few years ago that I lost within a few months of use. I hope I don't regret the purchase. I figured I could use a pair of earbuds that are at least decent for calls. The pairs of earbuds I have currently are good for music, but seem to be below average for calls.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
You will be lucky if you don't have to replace the whole thing. I was surprised to learn water heaters really don't last very long.
I thought it was important to let the man know about how they don't last very long and he said they should and he said he'd fix it today but I guess he couldn't get to it so I guess he's doing it tomorrow or the day after. So, maybe it's this certain water heater that lasts a long time but I'm not sure.

That's insane they don't last long. If it's like every 2 or 3 months, that's pretty frequent.

·
Administrator
9,698 Posts
I didn’t know I had just gotten a few fresh cuts on my little finger until I started to use my nail polish remover, and it is the type where you dip your finger into the bottle. There is still a bit left of it to do, which won’t be fun.

• Sad
Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,568 Posts
Some weird flu/cold thing has been in my area for the past few weeks and it finally visited our household this week. It is not covid, I'm not sure if it would qualify as a cold or not but the symptoms are similar. Regardless, yesterday around this time I had a 102F fever, a leaky nose, an itchy throat, and a headache. Today I have felt a bit out of sorts, but no fever. Whatever it was, for me, it has been short-lived, for others it results in a cough that lasts for weeks. Now I am relaxing to some music while racing around in a video game and sipping away at a bit of rum, unfortunately, Thanksgiving with my parents has been canceled because I don't want to risk spreading it to them.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Don't over-ear headphones work better for noise because they isolate your ears properly? I only use my earbuds outdoors, headphones indoors (although when it comes to blocking out neighbor sounds my white noise machines are much more effective and less unpleasant to keep on for hours).
No. The level of noise my upstairs neighbors make is way beyond what could be masked by white noise. Think of it as living inside a drum during a rock concert. OK. Maybe not quite that bad but close. The stomping around and the crashing and banging is bad enough that I can sometimes feel the vibrations in my body even when I have earplugs in.

Anyway, yeah. The Jlab buds I use are the ones with the silicone tips that basically work like earplugs with built in headphones. They're pretty effective. I don't have a set of actual over-ear headphones that can block out the sound of the neighbors. To give you an idea, I have a set of these and I can still hear them plain as day through them.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I passed my Passport video call interview. I can confirm I am, who I say I am, and that my Passport has been printed.

It's only taken 45 years 😏

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
The cheap microwave suddenly decide to crap out this morning. I quickly bought a new cheap one with the black friday sales and luckily it's arriving tomorrow supposedly. But I forgot about what a huge hassle it is being microwave-less.

I always forget how early stores close on thanksgiving day. I lost count at how many thanksgivings where I had a store employee close the door on me right when I was about to enter.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
The cheap microwave suddenly decide to crap out this morning. I quickly bought a new cheap one with the black friday sales and luckily it's arriving tomorrow supposedly. But I forgot about what a huge hassle it is being microwave-less.

I always forget how early stores close on thanksgiving day. I lost count at how many thanksgivings where I had a store employee close the door on me right when I was about to enter.
Did you try to cook a turkey in your microwave?

1881 - 1900 of 1932 Posts