Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1932 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
I was waiting in line to order my food for dinner. When a couple walked in after me and the man asked me "you in line?" and I shook my head and wave my receipt at them to show them I was waiting for my order. I thought the man looked familiar. I kept thinking to myself where I've know him or seen him and just convinced myself he must've been some local business owner of a business I frequent often.

For the next few hours, I kept thinking about it and suddenly it hit me, he was Tre Cool from Green Day.

That was a cool sighting I guess... 😂

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I had a weird encounter with a customer today. He asked where a grocery item was and when I told him, he just looked at me for at least 5 to 10 seconds, didn't say anything and just walked off...
He may have excepted you to take him to it. I used to work in a big supermarket and some customers seemed to expect that. I'd have to stop what ever I was doing and walk all the way across the store with them. And of course half the time I'd bump into a supervisor or manger on the way back to what I was doing, and they would give me a bollocking for not doing what I had stopped doing, to help a customer. There was no winning. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: alwaysrunning

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
He may have excepted you to take him to it. I used to work in a big supermarket and some customers seemed to expect that. I'd have to stop what ever I was doing and walk all the way across the store with them. And of course half the time I'd bump into a supervisor or manger on the way back to what I was doing, and they give me a bollocking for not doing what I had stopped doing, to help a customer. There was no winning. 🤷‍♂️
It was weird to just stare at me because of it. Never had anyone just stand there looking at me for that long.

I refuse to go all out for customers anymore. I'm doing the work of 3 people now with no raise or anything. It's super lame.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
I'm at the laundromat but it closes at 8 on Sundays. Either way, I'll have to take damp clothes home since the dryer isn't good at all here. I didn't bring my jacket with me and don't want to leave my clothes here. It's a little chilly but tolerable at least. And there's water on some spots on the floor for some reason. I took a drink with me but didn't want to set it on the floor.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
I'm at the laundromat but it closes at 8 on Sundays. Either way, I'll have to take damp clothes home since the dryer isn't good at all here. I didn't bring my jacket with me and don't want to leave my clothes here. It's a little chilly but tolerable at least. And there's water on some spots on the floor for some reason. I took a drink with me but didn't want to set it on the floor.
Well, nevermind. The owner of the laundromat told me the fifth one works really good. That was very straightforward and helpful. And my clothes weren't dripping wet. I couldn't remember if they were wet or damp the last time but i thought they were pretty wet. It probably depends on how much clothes I have.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
He may have excepted you to take him to it. I used to work in a big supermarket and some customers seemed to expect that. I'd have to stop what ever I was doing and walk all the way across the store with them. And of course half the time I'd bump into a supervisor or manger on the way back to what I was doing, and they would give me a bollocking for not doing what I had stopped doing, to help a customer. There was no winning. 🤷‍♂️
yeah, I thought the ideal practice was to show the customer where the item was haha Can't believe the supervisor or manager wasn't happy lol. I swear when I worked at Waitrose that's what they wanted me to do; show the customer where the item they were looking for was. Once a shop worker ran to where it was and when you've a dodgy trolley it's hard to keep up 😂

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
I got a mini Marshmallow man collectible from the Ghostbusters movie that came with this low sugar fruit punch drink I bought. Lol Hilarious. Even funnier is the last dream I remember having had the Marshmallow man in it.

I guess I'll just let the Marshmallow man chill on my nightstand. 🤣 I'm definitely a kid at heart in ways.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
My credit card bill this month might be big.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
I don't know how dull and unexciting this is but I'll post it here anyway.

So we got a new (larger) UPS for the router and I put the new one in here in my room to at least keep my light and phone on in a power outage.

So the old UPS is one of these guys (It's not the same model but it's pretty close in appearance)

And of course, those are apparently meant to be put on the floor under a desk or something. So I didn't put much thought into it and kind of pushed it into a corner near my bed. A few hours after I put it there, I was moving something and knocked over a cup of water I usually keep sitting by my bed (Never spilled it before so this was just my luck). At first it didn't even occur to me but I quickly realized it had landed very close to where the UPS was.

So of course, I kinda freaked and grabbed a flashlight and saw that there were definitely pools of water on top of the UPS right where the outlets are. (y)

I didn't really know what to do as this was not something I'd ever really thought about. Of course the thing about these units is that they're designed to keep making AC power even when they're unplugged so they can still shock you or burst into flame or whatever.

I finally managed to press the power off button with something non-conductive and unplugged it and turned it upside down.

Eventually took it apart and put a fan on all the electricals to make sure they got dry. Believe it or not, it still works. That was scary as hell though. Needless to say, it's no longer on the floor.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I got my Flu AND Covid booster jab this morning 🥳

·
Irretrievably Lost
3,511 Posts
My upstairs neighbor is driving me crazy. She runs the bathroom ceiling fan for hours at a time and it makes this terrible racket down in my apartment. I think the thing is loose in it's housing or something and it bangs all around and sounds like a helicopter is landing on my ceiling. And the other day she ran it all night long. Who does that? Why would you run a bathroom ceiling fan all night? She finds more ways to annoy me.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
My company screwed up and gave me over 3000 dollars for my paycheck. Too bad I can't keep it. That's what I really deserve for the **** I've been through.
Well, maybe the money is mine after all. My boss said he'll look into it but said he thinks it's mine. I've never gotten a manager bonus before so it's shocking to me I get one all of a sudden. I guess if my boss says he'll look into it, then it is mine. How about that? Get written up at work then the day after I get a bonus? Makes no sense.

When he says he'll look into it, I hope that doesn't mean he'll intentionally take all the money away from me but that wouldn't make sense. Then again, what does make sense in this world? It'll make it easier for me to get another job if i find somethong for 10 an hour. But I still don't want anything less than what I'm making now. That's baby money right there.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Now feeling a bit crap, I think it's the Flu shot, rather than the Covid booster.

• Sad
Reactions: Fever Dream
1861 - 1880 of 1932 Posts