Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1841 - 1860 of 1932 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Thank you. :)

I don't do well with cash registers unfortunately. I was told I was the worst one at my job by my boss cause that was the very first thing I did. I did worse than I thought. Probably cause of my trauma I've had for years and years. And my boss telling me I was the worst one made my confidence worse for awhile. So, I'm not sure if I'm taking a huge risk or not. Cash registers are like the worst thing for me. Maybe I'll do fine. I just have to make sure I can cause I have my own place now.
I was kind of the opposite when I was working fast food. I was pretty good at taking orders but I sucked on front counter because the people in the grill section were so slow that I'd take 10 orders before they had the first one ready. Which I would then have to try and fill all those orders by myself with 30 more people waiting in line and me being so forgetful that I couldn't remember who ordered what. I spent many a day doing that for hours on end with people just glaring at me like they were gonna go off on me.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Ooh, where did you go when you were younger? I hope that your health improves. I'm so relieved Borris did not make a return. I couldn't believe what I was hearing when people were saying they wanted him to come back.
I went to Belgium and Holland.

Thank goodness we didn't get the return of Boris Johnson, however very worryingly, we did get Suella Braverman back in the cabinet, she really is a terrifying xenophobe and I think much worse.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Thanks for all the info mate - hope you can sort out your passport soon and go on a trip or something.
Trust my luck, I found today that I'm required to have an interview before I can get a passport. Which means there is some doubt I am, who I say I am. 🙄😂
The earliest appointment I could get was the at the end of this month, so who the hell knows when or even if I'll get a passport. I'm not sure what the policy is around refunds for failed applications.

Reactions: harrison

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
I'm honestly not sure legitimate callers exist from numbers you don't recognize. I actually won't set my voice-mail up on my cellphone because I don't want anyone to have the ability to leave me messages. If it's a real non scammer person that calls me I figure they can send a text explaining their reasons for calling me after I don't answer. And then I can decide if I'll call them back. Or like you said send me an actual letter.
The problem is it's a landline and my parents don't listen when I tell them that if they don't recognize the number and there's no name on the caller ID, just don't answer. They're the type of people where you can warn them a thousand times about something and they'll still fall victim to it every time. I'm just tired of protecting them from themselves (scrambling to check numbers before they answer every single time) and I'm just trying to do the simplest and cheapest thing possible to make it stop. My mother will resist anything that costs money.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,495 Posts
The problem is it's a landline and my parents don't listen when I tell them that if they don't recognize the number and there's no name on the caller ID, just don't answer. They're the type of people where you can warn them a thousand times about something and they'll still fall victim to it every time. I'm just tired of protecting them from themselves (scrambling to check numbers before they answer every single time) and I'm just trying to do the simplest and cheapest thing possible to make it stop. My mother will resist anything that costs money.

Yeah, pretty typical old people behavior. I don't know what the solution is either. I wish there was an option to block all but an approved list of numbers.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
The HOA banned street parking about a year ago, which I've always questioned if they could legally do so. Today they notified the neighborhood that the ban has now been lifted effectively immediately & suddenly, while all of the past citations will be refunded, with zero further explanation. I'm gonna guess someone(s) notified the city about it to questioned whether it was legal or not and the HOA got busted. Although if this was true, it's odd it took a year for this to happen. If this was the reason, then whoever impose the ban in the first place, I cannot fathom their lack of common sense of common workings of the world. Especially for the type of person who would run for a HOA board, who I think would have enough life experience and acquired enough common knowledge to know the legality of the ban in the first place. Or they would at least have a hired lawyer to advise them of this.

At least now, I no longer have to walk blocks (sometimes 10 blocks each way on bad parking days) to get to my car.
The ban is now back in effect starting tomorrow. :(

·
experimental sincerity
1,665 Posts
I'm on the market for a bundt tin. This year I'm not making Christmas pudding (I'm the only one who eats it and I don't even love it that much), this year I want a small version of this:

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
After having it for over two years, I just found out that my clock has glow in the dark lines on its hands.
I have noticed fewer and fewer analog clocks have them but they used to be such a thing that just about every watch and clock had them. And they usually only barely lit up. And the effect seemed to "wear out" quickly shortly after purchase.

·
Registered
18,106 Posts
Trust my luck, I found today that I'm required to have an interview before I can get a passport. Which means there is some doubt I am, who I say I am. 🙄😂
The earliest appointment I could get was the at the end of this month, so who the hell knows when or even if I'll get a passport. I'm not sure what the policy is around refunds for failed applications.
Maybe if they're doing an interview they can do away with all this nonsense about getting someone from that list of occupations to verify the photos too - it should be pretty obvious to them if you're sitting right there in front of them. But who knows - maybe they still have to do everything by the book.

I was thinking I'll bring all my father's papers with me next time I come over there - pretty sure they insist on going through the whole process again if your passport has completely expired - which mine did years ago.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Maybe if they're doing an interview they can do away with all this nonsense about getting someone from that list of occupations to verify the photos too - it should be pretty obvious to them if you're sitting right there in front of them. But who knows - maybe they still have to do everything by the book.

I was thinking I'll bring all my father's papers with me next time I come over there - pretty sure they insist on going through the whole process again if your passport has completely expired - which mine did years ago.

Haha, the interview is required even after I've already had my photograph verified. Thankfully I was able to ask a family friend to do it for me, I'd forgotten what work they used to do before they retired.
It seems crazy to require the interview on top of that, it must mean there is some doubt about my identity.

Yeah, defo bring everything you can, papers etc. Better to have it and not need it, than the reverse.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
sigh I think the water heater caused the bathroom pipe to bust so I can't take a shower there. I like to avoid going down to that other trailer as much as possible. One of my reasons for wanting to get away was cause I hated going through their room to take a shower. Now, I have to do it again.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Went to Costco yesterday. Was gonna get a chicken but when I went to get it, they were out. All the ovens were full but one of them said there was 5 minutes left on it. So I figured I'd wait. As I waited, more and more people began to accumulate waiting on the chickens. When the alarm finally went off, the man came and looked at them and told us the chickens were still not looking done so they'd need 15 more minutes. My back was already in agony so I was not gonne stand there 15 more minutes.

So we went back today and the same thing happened. Not a chicken in sight. Man said it would be ten more minutes. I was determined not to live without my chickens this time so I moseyed around and looked at mops and cleaning supplies for no reason to pass the time.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Kind of a funny moment from yesterday. Lady calls me to schedule a doctor's appointment. I pick up and there's this horrible screeching sound in the background. So we just have our conversation like it isn't there. Finally, I say "Do you hear a bad screeching sound?" She says "Huh?" So I repeat and she says "Yes, I do". For some reason, I asked "Is that on my end or yours?" (like how the hell should she know?) and she pauses for a minute and says "Yours" :LOL:

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
So now I can't wash my clothes at the other trailer cause their washer is messed up. They just had to get a new dryer like over a month ago, now this. And I thought they just got a new washer not even 4 months ago. I know they got a new dryer over a month ago. They can't blame me for this. I don't want to hear **** from them.

Guess I have to take wet clothes home from the laundromat to put in their dryer cause the dryer sucks at the laundromat and I'm not driving further to another one just to get my clothes washed and dry. I'll be exhausted doing that all night. Super inconvenient.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
So I guess Tracfone has finally fixed their website. For the longest time, I could not log into my account on their site so I could not do anything with my account unless I did it through the app on my phone. Whenever I tried to login, it would just tell me my information was invalid. Which I knew it wasn't because it was the same information I was logging in with in the Tracfone app on the phone.

They had been saying if you called them they would fix your login but I was worried if something went wrong (which all bets are off with a company that can't even make the login section of their own website work right) I might lose my number. Or worse, kill the functionality of my account altogether.

So I have been trying to log into the account every now and then for months and it wasn't working but finally, it worked today. I'm gonna be really annoyed if it doesn't work next time I try it.

1841 - 1860 of 1932 Posts