Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1721 - 1740 of 1740 Posts

·
Irretrievably Lost
3,367 Posts
I learned 2 things today:

1) If you put a sweet potato in the microwave for 6 mins and forget to put it on a plate you can't just grab it with a paper towel and take it out because it's really hot and the paper towel isn't like a magical anti-heat protector thing.

2) I'm so stupid.

·
Super Moderator
37,497 Posts
A nail is a good idea. I have nails in the wall all over my room. Lol I did find my keys yesterday thankfully but a coworker told me today even if I do have a set of keys and want an extra pair, it would still cost a lot. I was considering getting an extra pair while I have these other ones but I don't even want to spend 200 dollars on another pair atvthe moment. I need it for drinks, food, and other stuff. It's possibly more than 250 dollars depending on the make and model. My sister told me if my keys have a chip in them, it would be even more pricey. Mine don't have a chip in them at least. I'll just have to wait until next year to spend 200. I just don't want to lose these again before I'm able to get another pair.
If it doesn't have a chip in it or isn't some kind of special key, I'd just go to Lowe's or Ace Hardware or somewhere like that and ask if they can duplicate them for a reasonable price. It never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Okay, I'm getting a lanyard online cause I lost my post office key when I dumped out stuff from my pocketbook. Everytime I need to go to the dollar store to look for one, I can't find one and I would not want to go to Walmart just to get that. I didn't even have the key on anything, whi h makes it hard to find. No keys are going in my pocketbook anymore. Lol At least the post office key is only 12 dollars but it'll take two weeks before it comes. This is exactly why I save my money. Never know when I'll need it and getting mail is important.

I have learned this year that pocketbooks are not good for keeping keys in. You would think they would be but I guess not. 😒

So, I ordered a hot pink lanyard. Bright colors should show up if keys happen to fall on the ground or in my car.

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
Just found out they extended the expiration date on my credit voucher for the airline I often used to fly with - now I can use it up till the end of next year. Not sure if I want to go anywhere yet - I'm still wary of Covid, so that's great.

·
Sas user
4,192 Posts
lost my bike key again. no clue how it happened. parked my bike and locked it, went into a supermarket for 5 minutes, and the key is nowhere to be found when i came out.

Then i walked like an hour to a hardware store to buy bolt cutters during lunch. the 24 inch ones i wanted were very expensive ($64 here) and after i told them it was a 1 use thing, they said a 12 inch one would work. it barely made a dent and the bolt cutters got blunt. (the chain is only 6mm). i was crouching there for 15 minutes with bolt cutters trying to cut my bike lock. I asked multiple security teams in the area including the ones at my office how they would remove a bike that was locked in a place it shouldnt be. None of them had the equipment to cut the lock. one of them said they would place their own lock on it and the owner would have to pay to get it unlocked... removing bicycle locks is a lot harder than i thought it would be.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
I barely browse FB because for the most part, I hate it and mainly use it for family. Most days I do browse it's maybe like 3 minutes. But how the hell does someone, let alone someone from my HS have a memory from 2004? 💀 The date below it said September 19, 2004 meaning that's when she posted it I think. Unless you can go back and change that date to when the memory occurred. Lol I always thought that date was when it was posted, not when it happened. If it's when it was posted then that's kind of odd to me. I don't even think 99.999 percent of people probably used it in 2004. 🤣 But maybe more people used it in 2004 than I thought if she did.

·
Self isolating from self
3,934 Posts
I barely browse FB because for the most part, I hate it and mainly use it for family. Most days I do browse it's maybe like 3 minutes. But how the hell does someone, let alone someone from my HS have a memory from 2004? 💀 The date below it said September 19, 2004 meaning that's when she posted it I think. Unless you can go back and change that date to when the memory occurred. Lol I always thought that date was when it was posted, not when it happened. If it's when it was posted then that's kind of odd to me. I don't even think 99.999 percent of people probably used it in 2004. 🤣 But maybe more people used it in 2004 than I thought if she did.
Facebook. It's sort of a crappy tool that mostly reminds me when it's somebody's birthday.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Today's laundry day but I didn't lose my car keys today. I made sure not to rush. Lol Sometimes, I just want to get it over with cause it really does take until like 10 pm or after depending on how many towels I have. Unfortunately, I forgot to put my other pair of work pants in there so I sort of did rush.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There was an earwig crawling on the wall while I was showering, and it seemed to leap at me. It was crawling near the ceiling, and when it tried to crawl onto the ceiling, it was flung toward me. It's one of the weirder experiences I've had with bugs. Gave me the heebie jeebies.

• Haha
Reactions: PurplePeopleEater

·
Super Moderator
37,497 Posts
End of season sale on fans. I snagged a 12" desk fan for $7. I love my tower fan but it's seen better days and is really a pain to take apart and clean. This desk fan comes apart with no tools. Since I use fans year round, my fan season never ends. They had two. I should have bought them both.

It's super cheaply made but durable enough to work just fine for probably years. That doesn't bother me.

·
Super Moderator
9,795 Posts
End of season sale on fans. I snagged a 12" desk fan for $7. I love my tower fan but it's seen better days and is really a pain to take apart and clean. This desk fan comes apart with no tools. Since I use fans year round, my fan season never ends. They had two. I should have bought them both.

It's super cheaply made but durable enough to work just fine for probably years. That doesn't bother me.
This? I got this at the local target for $7 recently. I had one for many years until it got lost during a move. Hopefully the new one will last just as long.

Automotive tire Rim Font Automotive wheel system Auto part

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Super Moderator
37,497 Posts
This? I got this at the local target for $7 recently. I had one for many years until it got lost during a move. Hopefully the new one will last just as long.

View attachment 150219
Nope. It isn't that one but I do like those because they're really compact and can go anywhere. I used to have one but it popped it's cap one day when I was sleeping and caused me to just about jump out of my skin. It was very old and well used by that time though.

Here's the one I got. It was at CVS. Like I said, it's cheaply made but almost everything is now and was originally about $30. I don't know what happened but prices on fans went way up this year so anything that is new and works is a win for what I got this thing for.

·
Super Moderator
37,497 Posts
@WillYouStopDave
Hah much better deal than mine I guess. It seems like it rotates at least.
Well, maybe almost. Unfortunately, when I bought it, I failed to ask myself if any of my bookshelves had enough space between the shelves for it's height (and I actually didn't realize it was as big as it was :LOL: )

So I have to put it on a stool at the foot of my bed and it blocks the small passage I have to the left side of my bed so I have to do some annoying contortions to get over there. I do like that it rotates but I usually don't use the rotation feature on fans because I like the breeze to be constant and find the gaps where I feel how hot it actually is in here to be annoying.

The only thing I don't really like is my Lasko tower fan has a remote and somehow I haven't lost or broken it in all these years. It seems trivial but after getting used to a fan with a remote, it's kind of jolting to not have that. :LOL:

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Lmao Almost got locked in the freezer at work today if I wouldn't have knocked on the door as soon as it got closed. 😅

A coworker thought no one was in there. I usually leave the door open with something but I didn't that time cause I wasn't going to be in there for long and no one is usually back there this late. Big mistake I made. I almost had a heart attack. 😳

My coworker told me he was sorry about that but I knew it wasn't his fault. That was a dumb mistake I made. Damn. 🤣 Guess I was in a bit of a rush at work. I'm lucky I knocked on it hard as soon as I did. But I didn't want to freak out too much in front of my coworker. I did tell him I almost had a heart attack.

At least my vacation is Monday. I think I need it after that. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
9,795 Posts
Another one of those evenings where everyone is out with plans. Just about all of the places were packed to the gills. Had to wait nearly 2 hours for my food order to be ready for pickup. The silver lining with these kinds of days is that I know I will likely go home to an empty place and the place all to myself. And I did.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
A sneaky fly went inside of the can I was drinking out of to share my drink. It must be one of the most traumatic events to almost be swallowed alive. But it survived as I spit it out. :sick:
Ew, that would probably make me gag. Lol

I remember having a fly in my drink like way back in 2014 and I took a sip of my drink and noticed something in my mouth. Then, I took it out and saw it was a fly. 🤢 Hasn't happened since.

1721 - 1740 of 1740 Posts