Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1681 - 1700 of 1740 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,497 Posts
Those random, clumsy moments. 🤣 I'm glad I don't have glasses. There was one time not too long ago where I turned around and bumped my face into the wall. But I think it's cause it was dark that night. :unsure:
Oh yeah. I've done that too (there's a really good reason my glasses don't fit right).

Both my mom and dad have fallen in the middle of the night and ended up in the hospital for days because of it. I don't know if they tripped over something because it was dark or what but I decided to err on the side of caution. So I got some motion activated night lights and placed them strategically so that if they got up in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom, the lights would come on so they could see where they were going.

Well, my parents absolutely always have to defeat me when I try to help so they started closing the bathroom doors when they go back to bed. Which means that the motion activated lights don't come on until you're actually in the bathroom (Almost completely defeating their purpose of lighting up the bathroom and hallway).

Well, I had gotten used to the light coming on whenever I was in range of it and I had no reason to think the door might be closed in the middle of the night with no one in there. So you guessed it. I walked right into the door and just about knocked myself out.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Oh yeah. I've done that too (there's a really good reason my glasses don't fit right).

Both my mom and dad have fallen in the middle of the night and ended up in the hospital for days because of it. I don't know if they tripped over something because it was dark or what but I decided to err on the side of caution. So I got some motion activated night lights and placed them strategically so that if they got up in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom, the lights would come on so they could see where they were going.

Well, my parents absolutely always have to defeat me when I try to help so they started closing the bathroom doors when they go back to bed. Which means that the motion activated lights don't come on until you're actually in the bathroom (Almost completely defeating their purpose of lighting up the bathroom and hallway).

Well, I had gotten used to the light coming on whenever I was in range of it and I had no reason to think the door might be closed in the middle of the night with no one in there. So you guessed it. I walked right into the door and just about knocked myself out.
Ah, that would've been a smart idea. Maybe a regular flashlight could help but I don't know. Thay could be pretty frightening. 😬

That's why I usually use my smartphone flashlight. I just didn't that night. Usually, I can remember where everything is at in the dark. But for some reason, that night I bumped my face into the wall. Lol...You sound like you bumped your face harder than me. Mine just slightly hurt my nose.

·
Super Moderator
37,497 Posts
I almost bumped into one of my coworkers today and he was like right close to me. 😬 This rarely happens so it was a tad awkward.
I ran into the janitor guy from the old McDonald's store I used to work at in the early 2000s. I was in the grocery store and all the sudden I saw this big sasquatch looking guy coming at me with a weird look on his face, I had my had on the head of cabbage that I'd bought in case I had to throw it at him and run. I honestly didn't recognize him. It's been ages and he was a fairly minor character in the grand scheme of things.

It was awkward as a duck flying backwards in slow motion.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
I ran into the janitor guy from the old McDonald's store I used to work at in the early 2000s. I was in the grocery store and all the sudden I saw this big sasquatch looking guy coming at me with a weird look on his face, I had my had on the head of cabbage that I'd bought in case I had to throw it at him and run. I honestly didn't recognize him. It's been ages and he was a fairly minor character in the grand scheme of things.

It was awkward as a duck flying backwards in slow motion.
Lol I meant more like we were both coming around a corner and he almost slammed into me. That kind of bump. 😆 And he's kind of tall so it was a bit awkward when he noticed that he almost bumped into me cause I didn't want to look up. So, I just said sorry and made no eye contact whatsoever. Lol Certain people I can make eye contact with and sometimes it's easy. Other days are a bit hard. Ironic, considering we were just talking about bumping into walls last night. 😂 Good thing I didn't get an awkward slam into my body at work. 🤣 That would've sucked cause of the awkwardness of it. Not that it would necessarily hurt.

But yea, the last time I saw someone I knew from like HS or something was maybe a little over a year ago. I can't remember when. I just remember she was considered one of the loser kids in school but I guess she didnt recognize me. I thought for sure she would but maybe it's cause I had a hairnet on.

That sounds kind of like a funny experience. 💀 It would be insane to see someone after that long. It only happens to me once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
I like how my sister that's married, her mother in law, her husband, and her dog all have a birthday this month. What are the friggin' odds of that? 🤯🤣 It's even weirder cause it's not only her but her husband AND her mother in law and the dog to top it off. I still can't get over that for some reason even though it's just a minor thing. So, like the whole family has September birthdays except for my niece. If her birthday was in September, that really would be weird. But it still is a little weird.

·
Registered
18 Posts
After what sounded like a dead-end response from his boss, my friend talked to his boss' boss about getting me an interview for a position on his team. Not that I'm dying to leave my current job, and it'd likely be a step down in pay, but it could be a neat career change. At the very least, it's something new to look forward to!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Since I answered that post "are you more of a 🐱or a 🐕 person" and I put cat I've had two dogs on separate occasions barking and barking at me. The one on Wednesday was on the lead so it couldn't come over. It was just staring at me with a constant stream of barking; it didn't stop till I was out of sight. The one today was barking and running over to me. It's like they know lol. I didn't know what to do today so I just stood completely still like it wouldn't see me if I wasn't moving haha.

·
Irretrievably Lost
3,367 Posts
The other night I was taking one of my sleep pills before bed and when I swallowed it it disappeared somewhere in my throat. It was so weird. I don't know if it when into a tonsil or sinus cavity or what but it just got sucked up into something.

Then the capsule started to melt away from my saliva and the medication started to come out and it was dripping down my throat and nose and it tasted so nasty. I kept trying to drink water and gargle and brush my teeth and blow my nose but it wouldn't stop.

Finally after like 10 mins I felt something pop out of the roof of my mouth and drop to my tongue and I ran to the bathroom and spit it out and it was the half dissolved capsule. No idea where it came from I guess a sinus cavity or tonsil or something.

It took another 10 mins of rinsing and gargling and brushing to get the nasty taste out of my mouth.

Really weird I didn't even know this could happen. :ROFLMAO:

·
Barbells and kittens
4,385 Posts
My brakes finally went out on my car. The light had been coming on since a few months ago and I thought it was mistaken, but I guess not. My mechanic can't get me in until the 26th unfortunately. I put some brake fluid in Sunday and can see where it's leaking. Or seems to be anyway. Don't think I have the time or energy to figure it out myself though.

So now I'll get to find out how reliable this old truck I bought a few months ago is. So far so good besides the terrible gas mileage.

·
Super Moderator
37,497 Posts
My brakes finally went out on my car. The light had been coming on since a few months ago and I thought it was mistaken, but I guess not. My mechanic can't get me in until the 26th unfortunately.
Must be a good mechanic. Seems like it's usually never a good sign when you call them up and they tell you they can get right to it today.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,385 Posts
Must be a good mechanic. Seems like it's usually never a good sign when you call them up and they tell you they can get right to it today.

First time I went to him thinking it was something major it turned out to just be a missing nut on part of the suspension. He only charged me for the nut and a half hour of shop time. So they've been my go to ever since. I've never felt like they overcharged me unlike almost every other mechanic I've ever been to.

Before we moved two years ago they were only two blocks away from our house and it sucks now because it's like a 30 minute drive, but it's worth it knowing I won't get screwed over on the bill.

1681 - 1700 of 1740 Posts