Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1061 - 1076 of 1076 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can't believe I actually got asked for proof of age yesterday. I was buying an energy drink and I got asked if I was old enough to buy them. You need to be 16 to buy energy drinks in my country. I'm a little bit older than that: 25 years older in fact.

Okay I was wearing a mask and a hat and all they could see was my eyes but it still made my day!

·
customusertitle
951 Posts
I got a new phone last week. Still haven't started using it : /

I find it difficult to buy things for myself (I've wanted to buy a phone for over 2 years but kept putting it off).

I've trying to change that. Also bought a big fancy screen for my laptop. (Since I spend most of my life online, might as well use a comfortable screen?).

I've always struggled with buying stuff, because you have to like yourself and your life to a certain degree to actively seek that?

I keep wanting to buy clothes too, but it's more difficult because I haven't tried doing it online and hate buying things in person cuz I get confused and anxious etc.

I often can't think of anything to buy that would make me happier (I mean I really wanted that phone, but I still can't be interested enough to use it :') ).

I have so little interest in life.

·
Super Moderator
34,905 Posts
Interesting. Diet Rite Cola isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Basically had no choice because I want to go off caffeine and cola is my thing and I hate Diet Coke. I like caffeine free Diet Pepsi but they almost never have it cheap at my store. That leaves me with basically Diet Coke in the caffeine free variety. So I started looking around and found the Diet Rite. I seem to have some horrible memory of drinking it once when I was visiting my grandmother and hating it but when I got it home and tried it, it's not bad. Kind of tastes like a diet version of RC Cola.

I almost buckled and bought Diet Ginger Ale but although I kind of like Ginger Ale once in a while, I don't think I could drink a lot of it.

·
😒🤡
7,125 Posts
I gave the finger to this car behind me for honking their horn when I was trying to make sure I wouldn't get hit pulling out of a parking lot onto the road. I wasn't thinking until after I did that but they could've gotten out of their car and got aggressive with me for that. But of course I wasn't thinking cause they honked their horn at me. A lot of people cannot be patient.

·
Super Moderator
34,905 Posts
I gave the finger to this car behind me for honking their horn when I was trying to make sure I wouldn't get hit pulling out of a parking lot onto the road. I wasn't thinking until after I did that but they could've gotten out of their car and got aggressive with me for that. But of course I wasn't thinking cause they honked their horn at me. A lot of people cannot be patient.
People who get impatient on the roads are the worst. The really stupid ones are the ones who tailgate people in the slow lane when all they have to do is go left and pass. It's worse when you're already speeding and they're still tailgating. What are they trying to accomplish? :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
Restaurants and bars are packed to the gills tonight. Even the crappy dive bars. Crowds of people standing on the sidewalks to get in. I haven't seen this in quite a long time, since pre-pandemic. I'm guessing a lot of people are visiting home and taking the chance to meet up with childhood friends while they're still free before thanksgiving. Took me 5x as long to drive through the downtown area because of traffic and endless crowds jaywalking.

Meanwhile back in the residential areas, it's been a total ghost town. Most houses are pitched black. With most people probably out of town. Even the big window and big tv screen house across from me have been pitched black since the weekend. Walked my dog for an hour and I've only counted a handful of cars passing by and I didn't even walked past another single person or dogwalker. It was eerie and completely silent everywhere. Like roaming a zombieverse. 💀

·
Self isolating from self
3,422 Posts
Restaurants and bars are packed to the gills tonight. Even the crappy dive bars. Crowds of people standing on the sidewalks to get in. I haven't seen this in quite a long time, since pre-pandemic. I'm guessing a lot of people are visiting home and taking the chance to meet up with childhood friends while they're still free before thanksgiving. Took me 5x as long to drive through the downtown area because of traffic and endless crowds jaywalking.

Meanwhile back in the residential areas, it's been a total ghost town. Most houses are pitched black. With most people probably out of town. Even the big window and big tv screen house across from me have been pitched black since the weekend. Walked my dog for an hour and I've only counted a handful of cars passing by and I didn't even walked past another single person or dogwalker. It was eerie and completely silent everywhere. Like roaming a zombieverse. 💀
IDK, it seems like paradise if you can stick entirely to the residential areas. :giggle:

·
alien monk
8,701 Posts
i did my washing, including my only sheets, but i got home too late so its gonna be damp if i get it off the line. so i'm just sleeping with scratchy blankets (or will be sleeping, a bit restless right now).

·
Registered
774 Posts
The neighbourhood cat sometimes runs up the pavement to me when she sees me coming :love: Other times she completely ignores me like we've never met lol. Really bizzare thing happened couple months back. I live in a bedsit on the second floor and that day was having a particularly difficult time and as I was going out of my room I heard meowing and there she was outside my door!!! She had never been up to my room before. She came and sat on my bed; we were both laying down and then she started grooming my hair 🤣

1061 - 1076 of 1076 Posts