Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1076 Posts

·
😒🤡
7,126 Posts
My eye feels like it's flaring up again. This hasn't happened in months. I know my eyebrows and eyelids get itchy a lot. Especially my eyebrows. Not sure why. So I rub my eye and maybe that causes it to flare up. Crazy how a simple rub can do that. But they get so itchy sometimes and I just want to rub it. So I'll have to buy more ointment that probably won't last but a couple months. But then again my doctor told me over a year ago that it looks like I might have damaged it from something. So the doctor would be right more than likely.

·
😒🤡
7,126 Posts
My eye feels like it's flaring up again. This hasn't happened in months. I know my eyebrows and eyelids get itchy a lot. Especially my eyebrows. Not sure why. So I rub my eye and maybe that causes it to flare up. Crazy how a simple rub can do that. But they get so itchy sometimes and I just want to rub it. So I'll have to buy more ointment that probably won't last but a couple months. But then again my doctor told me over a year ago that it looks like I might have damaged it from something. So the doctor would be right more than likely.
I think the ointment helped. Also, a paper towel with warm water. So it shouldn't get any worse once I put the ointment on it.

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
I found my hot water bottle yesterday down the side of the bed. I thought I'd lost it and would have to buy a new one. Slept snug as a bug in a rug; not that bugs sleep in rugs, lol.
For me, lost things always only reappear again very shortly after I bought a replacement.

·
Super Moderator
34,906 Posts
@alwaysrunning

I always feel sorry for things I bought years ago and find them all dirty and dusty and dilapidated. :LOL:

Sometimes I name them. I found a shoe that I had when I was like 20 and it was in really rough shape. It's twin appears to still be gone. I named it Henry. (I have lost Henry again now several years ago).

@Blue Dino

I lose things and forget I ever had them. I find them a decade later and say to myself "I always wanted one of these! I wonder where this came from?"

:LOL:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I took the dogs for a walk while it was raining and kind of enjoyed it because of the smell of the rain.. I came back and made dinner, ate while watching H3 Podcast, and now I'm in bed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
For me, lost things always only reappear again very shortly after I bought a replacement.
Yikes, that would totally suck :( If you were to buy the replacement and keep it unopened with the receipt maybe you could cheat "your lost things fate" lol. Usually I find stuff that I lost a while back whilst looking for something I lost recently haha

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
The stupid Residential Administrator didn't inform anyone that today's meeting was postponed until next week. Found it when Zoom said the meeting didn't exist when putting in meeting ID. Then my Supervisor called her and she said they didn't have enough staff. Story of this agency's life no staff to conduct a meeting.

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
Nearly 4 hrs in and I still cannot get this RGB Smart Bulb to work. Endlessly in a setup process. Worse is when it is, it's just aggressively flashes in a epilepsy inducing rainbow mode making my room like a nightclub. 😵 It's stupid why it needs to work via Wifi. Bluetooth seems so much simpler and practical.

·
Super Moderator
34,906 Posts
Nearly 4 hrs in and I still cannot get this RGB Smart Bulb to work. Endlessly in a setup process. Worse is when it is, it's just aggressively flashes in a epilepsy inducing rainbow mode making my room like a nightclub. 😵 It's stupid why it needs to work via Wifi. Bluetooth seems so much simpler and practical.
They are irritating, aren't they? I assume some of them might be easier to set up than others. It sounds like you might have gotten the Feit ones like I have? They are very picky about where you put them. I have mine in one of those tall floor lamps. I did have an issue with them where they kept flaking out and realized (eventually) they must be kind of in a dead zone for the wifi. I moved the lamp literally 2 inches further from the wall and turned it in a slightly different angle and now they have been working well.

I also have two wifi plugs now. Well, I have 4 of them but so far I only use two of them. They're very picky as well. If there is anything about the position they're in that they don't like, they won't work. It's like rabbit ears on a TV. Moving them just slightly makes a huge difference. And then they might decide they don't like that position anymore an hour later.

EDIT - Also, I usually cover mine with a hand towel when it goes into that strobe mode until I complete the setup.

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
They are irritating, aren't they? I assume some of them might be easier to set up than others. It sounds like you might have gotten the Feit ones like I have? They are very picky about where you put them. I have mine in one of those tall floor lamps. I did have an issue with them where they kept flaking out and realized (eventually) they must be kind of in a dead zone for the wifi. I moved the lamp literally 2 inches further from the wall and turned it in a slightly different angle and now they have been working well.

I also have two wifi plugs now. Well, I have 4 of them but so far I only use two of them. They're very picky as well. If there is anything about the position they're in that they don't like, they won't work. It's like rabbit ears on a TV. Moving them just slightly makes a huge difference. And then they might decide they don't like that position anymore an hour later.

EDIT - Also, I usually cover mine with a hand towel when it goes into that strobe mode until I complete the setup.
Heh, I finally did get it to work. Searched through forums to find out the bulb needs to be turn on/off 3x to connect. It's weird. After that, it took a few retrys and finally worked. Also it apparently would work without wifi and via bluetooth too. Just the setup needs to be wifi. It's not Feit, it's a Wyze bulb. Although I've always had great luck too with Feit bulbs (the regular LED and CFLs) as well, they were always the longest lasting ones for me. I just got the Wyze one because they seem to have the widest range of RGB colors and the brighest per watt. The other RGB bulbs I had, I didn''t like how dim they were.

·
Super Moderator
34,906 Posts
Heh, I finally did get it to work. Searched through forums to find out the bulb needs to be turn on/off 3x to connect. It's weird. After that, it took a few retrys and finally worked. Also it apparently would work without wifi and via bluetooth too. Just the setup needs to be wifi. It's not Feit, it's a Wyze bulb. Although I've always had great luck too with Feit bulbs (the regular LED and CFLs) as well, they were always the longest lasting ones for me. I just got the Wyze one because they seem to have the widest range of RGB colors and the brighest per watt. The other RGB bulbs I had, I didn''t like how dim they were.
What I really like about them is I really like the ability to dim them. In fact, the one thing I don't like about the ones I have is they won't go dim enough to be a night light. I pretty much always use them at 20% or lower. The color changing feature is cool but I don't really use it.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
4,007 Posts
The power cord to my laptop is after market and gorilla taped to the side of the keyboard. The left hinge is firchnickered and I need to get some more gorilla tape to fix that!

1021 - 1040 of 1076 Posts