Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
881 - 900 of 915 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,272 Posts
It just never ends. I have been telling my parents the battery in the one car dies if you arm the alarm. I don't know why but it just does. It will just about kill it in one night. I replaced that battery a couple years ago and have been vigilant about no one arming the alarm ever since and slapping it on a maintainer if I know the car won't be driven for a while. The battery has performed flawlessly........until now.

I get up today and my dad tells me the battery in the car is completely dead and that "it won't do nothin". (which I guess is his way of saying "it's completely dead!" twice as if he can't believe it actually happened.

So right away, I suspect that he has been forgetting and arming the alarm because I found it armed the other day and reminded him about it.

So I go out there and sure enough, dead, dead, dead. Even the clock doesn't work. So I knew it probably wasn't the alarm because although the alarm usually will make it go pretty low, it doesn't completely kill it like that. I get the jump starter out and start the car and take it for a drive so it can build up some charge.

The whole time I'm driving I'm wondering just how this happened. Finally, it dawns on me that my dad probably pushed the map light button with the back of his hand while putting up the sun visor, as he has done too many times to count (and killed several batteries doing just that). So I look and sure enough, the map light was on.

And the part that gets me is my mother has reminded him to always check the lights a zillion times over the years because she knows how many times he's done it and he still keeps doing it!

So now they're gonna have to get yet another battery.

So I parked it in the garage and hooked it up to the charger but I sure don't like the idea of relying on a battery that's been completely hammered like that. That's 100 bucks down the toilet easily.

And then, after that was done, I was getting ready to get out of the car and heard a crunch when I pulled the handle. I know that sound. This car has flimsy plastic handles that break easily as it is and the doors lock automatically when you're driving. So my dad will go to get out of the car and just yank the hell out of the handle. He's broken the same handle at least 5 times. Fortunately, I ordered extras the last time I had to fix it.

And also, the window on that side barely works because he broke the handle once when he was driving it as a work car and my mother was too cheap to fix it so they would just roll the window down every time and reach out the window and open the door from the outside and then roll it back up. I wonder why the window barely works?

·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
I pierced my own ears today. 🙂 I don’t think it hurt as much as when other people do it.

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
Super Moderator
34,272 Posts
So the condo association people sent this aggressive "notice" letter out to all the people who live here in which they complained about various (minor) things people who live here are doing wrong, such as having shoes outside their doors and their window screens being in bad shape or missing. Which I agree there are some terrible looking windows here. I mean, when your window screens are tore all to hell and they have been that way for years, that looks like hell. There are also people whose front blinds are all messed up with missing and bent pieces and so forth. That does look bad.

Anyway, two of our front screens have been missing for years because we accidentally tore one of them a few years ago and my mother didn't want to replace them so I took them out and put them in storage rather than have them there looking like crap.

So we had to go buy the screen material to redo the front two that were missing. Thing is I just did the other two a couple of years ago and I remember the agony of 45 year old slug crawling around on the floor fighting with window screens because floor was the only large, flat surface we have. So I knew what I was in for but it still sucked. Now the two screens on the one side are much darker than the ones on the other side and I'll probably have to do the other ones too so it isn't so noticeable. My luck I'll get them all done and the association people will complain because they're darker than most other people's.

Oh. They also made sure to point out that people who live here are only allowed to have two cars (and one of them MUST BE kept in the garage) even though there are lots of open spaces marked for visitors. Apparently, nonexistent visitors are VIPs and the people who actually live here aren't. So you just plain can't have more than two cars if you live here. What the actual hell is that?

·
😒🤡
6,597 Posts
Back to work in 2 more days after today. I don't want to go back. Lol I'll probably have post vacation depression for awhile. I don't even think that's really a thing. But I'll get used to going back anyways.

·
Super Moderator
34,272 Posts
Well, surprisingly, the car battery seems to be OK. At least for now. But it's warm so if it's ever going to not do what a battery should, it will be when it gets cold.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
Looking at the amount of dog food in the container, I deduced that my EDM junkie girlfriend/boyfriend housemates I left in charge to feed my dog (which they agreed to), they probably only fed her 1 or 2 small meals between day 1 to day 4. And then they left for a planned vacation without telling me they were going to one. So day 5 - 6 she didn't eat at all as it was an empty house in those days. Day 7 my vietnamese housemate came back from her vacation and she said my dog looked completely starved and in distress so she fed her instantly. She wrecked the kitchen cupboards looking for food. Amazing she didn't wrecked the living room. The boyfriend housemate also left his nice headphones there and I was disappointed she didn't chew those up too. What's worse is they have their own dog too, so it's not like they would've forgotten to feed my dog if they're feeding theirs. So it was outright laziness and selfishness in their part. Even though we fed and walked their dog whenever they are away.

·
😒🤡
6,597 Posts
So I'm not sure yet if I should take this trailer or not. This woman in the trailerpark offered me 1200 for a trailer and I actually got to look inside but the trailer needs work done to it. I checked to see if the toilet and shower work and they do. Didn't think to check the stove so that didn't completely go how I wanted it to. The trailer looked dirty but she said she was going to get it cleaned up tomorrow before I pay for it. So I hope she keeps her word. I'm still going to assume something isn't going to go as planned. The door was written on with marker by these two men staying there so like wtf. Lol I'll just paint over that I guess. All it needs is some work done to it. She said she would help fix up the kitchen floor. It was fine but just needed work. I just dont see anyone doing all that unless its for their own self. So best to assume I'll have to work on everything. The other trailer I looked at was so much better cause everything was already in it. But I knew that one was too good for me to get. There were so many dishes piled up in the sink so that was slightly gross. It didn't look like a hoarder's house but it looked like it was getting there with the dishes. Nothing wrong with hoarders cause they're mentally unwell. Just icky to see dishes piled up there. I told her I have the money for it but that she'll have to get those two men to clean it up before I pay her. That is if nothing goes wrong and she doesn't end up pulling a "Hey, I can't give it to you cause something went wrong." 😒

A homeless person would love to have that place so I think I should take it this time but I don't just need to get anything that gets offered to me either. I really want to move out before that guy moves here cause the current trailer I'm staying in will get crowded in like less than two weeks. 😬 My SA/autism won't be comfortable with that. Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just finished eating a big pie all bye myself, because I am a pig. It is supposed to serve 4 people but yolo. And I will finish the night off by watching an anime called Assasination Classroom.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I spent some time on the family allotment garden. I suck and don't know how to grow anything. I'm mostly just there to help out my Dad with the weeding and heavy lifting. He's a bit older now and has a bad back. So now I've dug space for a herb garden. Soon I'll have bunches of home grown herbs to go in my pies and other stuff. First time I've attempted to grow anything.

I've given up video games today. I uninstalled all my games and Steam. This is the worst habit I've given up since smoking. I used to waste hours of my life on computer games.

I also ordered a library card on the internet. I'm not sure how much I'll use it but borrowing some books on art appeals to me.

881 - 900 of 915 Posts