Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
861 - 880 of 915 Posts

·
😒🤡
6,597 Posts
Well, I had to cancel plans the other day to go see my mother so I'll be seeing her next week. It's been over 3 months since I saw her cause she's been wanting me to go to the house. But this time she wants me to meet out in public so I don't have to see my dad.

·
😒🤡
6,597 Posts
Had a passive aggressive note at work from my worker with a smiley face at the end so I took the paper off the notebook and threw it away. Lol

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,021 Posts
An hour or so ago Windows 10 said it would be raining soon. It now says 'raining now.' Thanks Microsoft, but I can see out of my real Window that it is indeed chucking it down.

·
😒🤡
6,597 Posts
Seems like I'll have to work until the evening for awhile cause my worker is going to be out for however long. There's no telling. Even if it was for a good reason, she does not need any more days off. And I'm taking my vacation next week either way. It's quite obvious she doesn't want to work during my vacation. She's got to be off her meds again. 🙄

But oh well. I'll take the extra money I can get.

·
Super Moderator
34,272 Posts
One of the weird aspects of using "smart lights" on a daily basis is when they work perfectly for weeks and then one day you wake up and only one bulb (out of two in a lamp with two of them in a control group) is on even though you turned them off before you went to bed. I did have an issue with them where they became unpaired or something shortly after I first got them (and that was a royal PITA to fix) but ever since then it has been smooth sailing until I just now woke up and saw that. But after turning them off and back on again, they're now working normally again. I don't know. Maybe the power went out or something?

·
Registered
598 Posts
A guy I texted got my name wrong when he replied the other day. I was like when I see him I will correct, tell him in person. He replied to a message I sent today but still calling me the wrong name. It is close but still not right. I had that thought aw it doesn't matter. I have done this so much, had this thought so much in my life when things do actually bother me. Denial. I also felt like I don't know if I have the energy to say anything, like it is gonna cause problems lol. It is the way things are said as well. So I made a joke out of it. Like say his name was John I said something like thanks Joan. I told him I was kidding but said the name he is using for me is not my name and mentioned a thing people associate with my name to help him remember.

·
bipolar
17,099 Posts
It's just crazy how valuable some of the harry Potter books are becoming. Even the cheap paperbacks from years ago can be worth a lot. And one or two that I've had in the past are now incredibly rare and worth about 10 grand. I should have kept one.

·
alien monk
8,615 Posts
i got a sore back from just using the soft mattress as a sofa and still sleeping on the floor. so got rid of it again today.

windows slow down (probably on purpose because windows 11 is coming lol) solved with manjaro replacement. usual wifi driver problems that made me stick with windows was very easy to fix this time. everything is running super smoothly 🥳🥳🥳

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
I had to do some coordination work with someone today from a company we are partnering up in a project with. Her first name is Bumble. It's obviously an english name she gave herself. No way that is her birth name. I was tempted to do a video meeting with her just to see if she's wearing a shirt with yellow/black stripes. Browsing our inquiry records my other coworkers had with them, I also found out they have a project manager whose first name is Milky and a coordinator staff whose name is Yandex. I hope for their sake he isn't a russian sleeper spy.

Reactions: harrison

·
bipolar
17,099 Posts
I went to the city earlier today and almost got run over by a couple of those little bike delivery people. Those bikes they ride are very quiet - you can hardly hear them. Lucky I looked.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a job interview next week and I'm crapping myself. Part of me wants the job, another part of me feels like I was pressured to apply for the job, another part of me is thinking just stick it out for the year and the last part of me is saying you don't really want to work in this sector do you?

Dull and unexciting news as always.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,433 Posts
My sinuses are clearing up. This is actually an exciting new development that will be felt for many hours.

·
😒🤡
6,597 Posts
It sucks that my gums can get sore from toothpastes I use. I had it so bad today I couldn't hardly open my mouth to eat without my gums in the back top part on the left side of my mouth hurting. Its only been this bad like once or twice. I'm definitely allergic to ingredients in some toothpaste. This has been going on for years. Doesn't happen all the time but happens enough to where it's annoying. 😒So I'm going to have to get a different kind. And I like this toothpaste I've been getting too cause it can leave your breath extra fresh all day until you eat something.

·
Super Moderator
34,272 Posts
It sucks that my gums can get sore from toothpastes I use. I had it so bad today I couldn't hardly open my mouth to eat without my gums in the back top part on the left side of my mouth hurting. Its only been this bad like once or twice. I'm definitely allergic to ingredients in some toothpaste. This has been going on for years. Doesn't happen all the time but happens enough to where it's annoying. 😒So I'm going to have to get a different kind. And I like this toothpaste I've been getting too cause it can leave your breath extra fresh all day until you eat something.
I believe that I'm allergic to the metal that fingernail clippers are made of. For as long as I can remember, I have had an issue where my nose itches horribly every single time I clip my fingernails or toenails. I'm talking as far back as 5 years old. I remember it even then.

For a while, I thought maybe I'm allergic to something in the nails that is only exposed when they have been clipped but it makes no sense to me that I could be allergic to my own body. I'm also not sure how I could be allergic to the metal in clippers since (as far as I know) it's nothing special. I think it's just plain old stainless steel and my nose doesn't itch when I handle any other metals. Very odd.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I met a couple(man and woman) whilst out walking my dog, they started talking about a woman who had commited suicide close to the spot where we were at the railway line, then they started asking me about my health, I said I was troubled by anxiety, they said "oh well" and then "see you later", I got this bad feeling that they were conspiring against me...

·
Registered
598 Posts
I placed my trainers out on my balcony to dry out ( Saturday I was volunteering in the woods and got drenched; seriously squelchy trainers) and have been on here reading people's posts etc and only just noticed it is raining outside so my trainers ain't getting any drier, duh haha

·
😒🤡
6,597 Posts
I believe that I'm allergic to the metal that fingernail clippers are made of. For as long as I can remember, I have had an issue where my nose itches horribly every single time I clip my fingernails or toenails. I'm talking as far back as 5 years old. I remember it even then.

For a while, I thought maybe I'm allergic to something in the nails that is only exposed when they have been clipped but it makes no sense to me that I could be allergic to my own body. I'm also not sure how I could be allergic to the metal in clippers since (as far as I know) it's nothing special. I think it's just plain old stainless steel and my nose doesn't itch when I handle any other metals. Very odd.
Yea, that would be weird if you're allergic to something in your nails after being clipped off unless you're allergic to stuff that gets under your nails. But that doesn't make much sense, either. I looked up toenail clipper allergy and it gave me nothing but I did a quick Google search on stainless steel allergy and got some searches. It also says it's rare to be allergic to it. But it must be the stainless steel if it happens everytime and especially for that long.

My gum isn't as sore anymore. Lol If I remember correctly, I think the toothpaste with baking soda is better for my teeth so I'll use that from now on. Went ahead and got some even though I still have some toothpaste in my other tube. A toothpaste allergy sucks. Lol Maybe that's why I've been getting canker sores out of nowhere all this time, too. Although, I haven't had a canker sore in months. But all of a sudden my gum gets sore to the point I could barely open my mouth. Then other times it just feels like it burns. 😖 I'd rather have small cuts on my hands than any type of pain in my mouth. I can tolerate small cuts just fine but canker sores and sore gums...nope. Haha. I notice the pain usually occurs after brushing my teeth. So good thing I got a different brand.

861 - 880 of 915 Posts