Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
2061 - 2080 of 2111 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
I've been getting back into drinking Chai again lately. Which brings along with it the fact that I'm having to buy Splenda again (I know Stevia is a thing and is supposed to be better but I like Splenda better). At least I have gotten myself used to using unsweetened almond milk for it. It kind of helps with my obsession with always needing to have something in my stomach. I think that is a leftover from my nicotine addiction. Ever since I stopped smoking all those years ago, I always have to be eating or drinking something. Otherwise, I feel like I'm starving to death.
Chai tea is amazing. Just a few cheap ingredients from the Asian grocers and you've got something very special. I also quit smoking but then found out that one habit replaces another. I cut down on various bad habits last year but immediately gained 2 stone in weight from comfort eating as a replacement.

· Self isolating from self
4,328 Posts
I've been getting back into drinking Chai again lately. Which brings along with it the fact that I'm having to buy Splenda again (I know Stevia is a thing and is supposed to be better but I like Splenda better). At least I have gotten myself used to using unsweetened almond milk for it. It kind of helps with my obsession with always needing to have something in my stomach. I think that is a leftover from my nicotine addiction. Ever since I stopped smoking all those years ago, I always have to be eating or drinking something. Otherwise, I feel like I'm starving to death.
Strangely, I've been drinking Chai quite a bit lately. I just started craving it a while back.

· Registered
9,090 Posts
Only chai tea I ever had were those pre-made vanilla ones in the produce section but they're pricey. Lol I haven't had them in quite some time now but I was hooked on them when I bought them.

I feel like I get ravenously hungry a lot or I feel like I'm starving as well. But I've never smoked. I think it's because of something I was diagnosed with when I was 16.

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
Only chai tea I ever had were those pre-made vanilla ones in the produce section but they're pricey. Lol I haven't had them in quite some time now but I was hooked on them when I bought them.
It is a bit expensive but is also on par with anything else you might buy to drink. I have a Diet Pepsi habit that costs about $13 per case. Chai is probably subjectively healthier. Though you never know what's really in there.

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
Almost had a small disaster yesterday with my chest freezer. The plug apparently wasn't plugged into the wall outlet very securely and fell out. I remember hearing a click (the compressor shutting down) but I didn't know what it was and didn't pay much attention to it. Hours later, I went to get something out of there and discovered the stuff on the top was starting to thaw. Fortunately, a chest freezer works kind of like a giant cooler so things that are in there will stay somewhat frozen for quite a while without power.

That said, if I hadn't discovered it when I did, it would have probably been well into the next day before I did. Not good. Probably at least $200 worth of food in there.

· Registered
16,213 Posts
My friend’s dishwasher broke. Technician came and had to order a part. Technician came back a second time with the part. It was the wrong part. So now he has to come back a third time to fix it. Crazy!

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
Went to Costco to return something. Decided to look around a bit. Holy crap that place was packed! That's my least favorite thing about that place. You can't stop for a second anywhere in the store or you'll cause a traffic jam. You can barely move because other people are also stopping constantly or blocking aisles. They'll park their cart right in the middle so you can't get by on either side and just stand there scratching their head.

· Registered
9,090 Posts
I really have to drag my work for about 2 hours after my break. I was assigned less work to do today. Lol Only thing about having less work is I really have to spread it out. I'm just glad it isn't unnecessary work where I have to do double the work. I like being able to take my time.

· Registered
9,090 Posts
I really have to drag my work for about 2 hours after my break. I was assigned less work to do today. Lol Only thing about having less work is I really have to spread it out. I'm just glad it isn't unnecessary work where I have to do double the work. I like being able to take my time.
Well, I spoke too soon. My worker is leaving early today so I have to do a little extra work. Typical. Oh well. I'm told to take my time doing my work but then the next minute it's like I have to do extra cause I'm all of a sudden by myself. Still easier than being a manager. I could never be a manager again.

· Registered
18,330 Posts
I rang room service for some more bottled water last night and when I opened the door there was a robot standing there. That would have to be one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. It had a screen with a button to press to open the little door and sure enough there were 2 bottles of water in it's tummy. I pressed "close" and it rolled off down the hall and went into the lift. I was still watching it because I couldn't believe what just happened. :oops:

· Super Moderator
10,240 Posts
A package delivery driver had his van stolen when he left it for a few seconds with it running to deliver a package. I just saw a van strangely sped off down the street and then a delivery driver suddenly emerged running after it screaming.

· Registered
9,090 Posts
I cooked bacon to make bacon sandwiches. 🥓 Bacon isn't cheap so I rarely get it. I think I've only bought it two times before. Lol So, yea. Not much at all. I'm not surebif there's a difference in the taste of applewood and regular bacon. I couldn't tell but the bacon was good either way.

· Super Moderator
10,240 Posts
The infamous noisy neighborhood tabby cat has been rolling around in the middle of the street wailing and screaming in the middle of the night for the past few nights. It sounds like a young Keanu Reeves repeatedly for an hour screaming "Woah!" in an Alvin and Chipmunk voice.

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
The infamous noisy neighborhood tabby cat has been rolling around in the middle of the street wailing and screaming in the middle of the night for the past few nights. It sounds like a young Keanu Reeves repeatedly for an hour screaming "Woah!" in an Alvin and Chipmunk voice.
:LOL:

You never know. It might eventually step up it's game with "Excellent!"

· Registered
18,330 Posts
This place is so convenient it's unbelievable. You can get pretty much anything dealt with that you desire - it's easy to see how people get addicted to it. I had a nice little lady give me a massage yesterday and then basically rolled into the place next door where a young guy gave me a pedicure. When he saw how long my big toe-nails were he looked up and almost scolded me for leaving it this long before cutting them.

2061 - 2080 of 2111 Posts