Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Occasional Video Blogger
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a "Jury Qualification Questionnaire" form in the mail yesterday. I really don't want to do this (I'm sure most of you would feel the same). I just finished filling out the form and then I though "maybe I should look online to see if the anxiety can get me excused from it. I found another anxiety forum thread in which people were talking about how they actually did get excused due to social anxiety/phobia. Here's the dumb part: I had already answered the question "Are you physically or mentally able to carry out the functions of a juror?" by marking the "yes" box.

Since I had already marked "yes" but still wanted to try and see if I can be excused where it says "if no, explain:" I wrote

"Although, I do have an anxiety disorder which may affect my ability to make decisions or even think clearly."

That probably wasn't the best way to describe the disorder but at the time I felt it was the best way to relate it to the situation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That doesn't sound dumb to me. You could've marked no instead and put the same thing, but I'm sure they'll get what you mean.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I have a question-i also got that jury qualification thing , but I got it 2 weeks ago, skimmed it, then forgot about it.....Is that bad?

Was I supposed to mail it by now?

Do I even have to fill it ouT?

Is there a deadline?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts