Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always got my head in the clouds : p I can't think of a time where I'm not day dreaming and I tend to day dream about happy memories. So I'll start. This happened last year, I was on the bus home from college talking to an friend about anime and then these two girls in the front of us was talking about their cats I happened to hear one say "So my brother named our cat Teemo!" So I start pissing myself laughing then she looks back at me smiles and says "you ok?" I quickly recover from my laughter and reply with "Yeah sorry I was just caught off guard by that" And we started talking... it made me really happy. When she was about to get off she asked me "Do you have facebook? I really enjoyed talking to you!" And I did lol. I don't speak much to her anymore (Her boy friend hates me) but I still really enjoy thinking back to that day.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I remember when I used to have a job and one night, when I was packing up all by myself, there were a group of guys sitting nearby and they were those type to cause some sort of trouble. Anyway, I starting packing up on the side furthest away from them because I REALLY didn't want them to start causing trouble with me. But then one of them came up to me and I was like "****." But then he asked if I wanted any help so I looked up and ended up smiling because I realised we used to go to school together but we never actually talked and he said he remembered seeing me around. So he helped me pack up while his friends went off and I was like "AWH!!" We talked while we packed up and it was actually fun talking to him! Then before he left to catch up with his friends, he asked if I had Facebook too (haha, the new way to talk) and said he'd add me. We don't really talk anymore either but good memory for me because I actually held a conversation with someone! And it was a boy! Haha :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Once I let a girl know that I liked her and asked if she likes me back. She didn't say 'yes'. Instead she said she wants to meet me after 3 days to talk. I thought she said no and wanted to make me comfortable. I was considering not meeting with her ... but I did. And boom ... quite the opposite. She said words no one has ever said to me before. One of my happiest memories to this day.

·
Registered
11,011 Posts
I remember when I was a little kid, I woke my dad up really early because he promised to take me out to the savannah at sunrise. We were standing at the edge of a small cliff, watching the land slowly soaking up the rising sun. He peered down at me lovingly and told me that everything that the light touched would be mine someday. He proceeded to educate me on the intricacies of the circle of life and my role in it. It's a beautiful memory, I'm not lion.
Wow, that's cool, your dad sounds pretty awesome. I'd ask to hear a more indepth telling of that memory, but that would probably take like...89 minutes from start to finish.

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember when I was a little kid, I woke my dad up really early because he promised to take me out to the savannah at sunrise. We were standing at the edge of a small cliff, watching the land slowly soaking up the rising sun. He peered down at me lovingly and told me that everything that the light touched would be mine someday. He proceeded to educate me on the intricacies of the circle of life and my role in it. It's a beautiful memory, I'm not lion.
Did you break into a song and dance afterwards? :eek:

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remember when I used to have a job and one night, when I was packing up all by myself, there were a group of guys sitting nearby and they were those type to cause some sort of trouble. Anyway, I starting packing up on the side furthest away from them because I REALLY didn't want them to start causing trouble with me. But then one of them came up to me and I was like "****." But then he asked if I wanted any help so I looked up and ended up smiling because I realised we used to go to school together but we never actually talked and he said he remembered seeing me around. So he helped me pack up while his friends went off and I was like "AWH!!" We talked while we packed up and it was actually fun talking to him! Then before he left to catch up with his friends, he asked if I had Facebook too (haha, the new way to talk) and said he'd add me. We don't really talk anymore either but good memory for me because I actually held a conversation with someone! And it was a boy! Haha :)
Thats pretty cute >.<

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once I let a girl know that I liked her and asked if she likes me back. She didn't say 'yes'. Instead she said she wants to meet me after 3 days to talk. I thought she said no and wanted to make me comfortable. I was considering not meeting with her ... but I did. And boom ... quite the opposite. She said words no one has ever said to me before. One of my happiest memories to this day.
Woah congrats man :D

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sitting on my grandpa's lap while he played his violin. He used to tap his foot, while playing, so I jumped up and down.
Omg the Violin is my favorite instrument : O I wish I had a granddad like that. Sounds like a very warm nostalgic memory :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
When I was 7 I was playing in a major chess tournament.. I was a nerdy kid. When it came to the last match, my dad was standing behind my opponent, and as I was about to move something he made a really strained face, and it made me realise that my opponent was about to make a winning move. I ended up picking up on the threat, and subsequently won the tournament and got a big trophy (only under 8s lol). Only about a year ago my dad told me he had always regretted his actions on that day, because it was wrong to have cheated, but all he wanted was me to win so he could see me be happy. It was significant because when I was a kid we were extremely close, but ever since I grew up we've grown very distant.

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I was 7 I was playing in a major chess tournament.. I was a nerdy kid. When it came to the last match, my dad was standing behind my opponent, and as I was about to move something he made a really strained face, and it made me realise that my opponent was about to make a winning move. I ended up picking up on the threat, and subsequently won the tournament and got a big trophy (only under 8s lol). Only about a year ago my dad told me he had always regretted his actions on that day, because it was wrong to have cheated, but all he wanted was me to win so he could see me be happy. It was significant because when I was a kid we were extremely close, but ever since I grew up we've grown very distant.
Well if he had not done it you wouldnt of had such an happy memory. >.< Its cool that your dad did that for you :)

·
Not dead yet
4,801 Posts
Uh......... I literally can't think of anything. I could say small things that made me feel good, such as sexual stuff, but that's not happiness. A moment in life where I felt truly happy...? I don't have one........ Realizing this is kinda depressing :/

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Uh......... I literally can't think of anything. I could say small things that made me feel good, such as sexual stuff, but that's not happiness. A moment in life where I felt truly happy...? I don't have one........ Realizing this is kinda depressing :/
Thats pretty sad :( Though it just means when you finally do have one it will be that much better right? ^_^

·
still delicious
3,038 Posts
Well, uh. Every time I heard Call Me Maybe and it stops whether because I left some store it was playing in or a commercial on tv using the song ends, I am always ecstatic. that song is so annoying.

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, uh. Every time I heard Call Me Maybe and it stops whether because I left some store it was playing in or a commercial on tv using the song ends, I am always ecstatic. that song is so annoying.
haha thats pretty funny. I didnt mind that song it got stuck in my head fairly often though.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Christmas mornings as a kid. My dad and neighbor used to make sled tracks and deer tracks out of cross country ski's and hoofs from deer carcass (they used to hunt a lot) and would go, "see, Santa was here, you can see his sleigh and reindeer tracks" lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts