Extra level of privacy?

• Yes - add the extra privacy level.

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • No - keep as is.

Votes: 11 36.7%

'Teens' section - visibility

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Orb 
#1 ·
A SAS member brought up the fact that the 'Teens' section can be viewed when not logged on to the site, and was concerned over privacy issues.

After a discussion with other members of staff, we agreed that we could make the threads within this section only visible to registered members.

So - over to you. Would you prefer to have the extra level of privacy added, or keep the section visible so you don't have to log on to read it.

Poll open for one week. Majority vote decides.

#4 ·
I think it's a good idea, not only because of the possibility of predatory adults, but als because it could easily happen that another teen finds their classmate on here and that could cause problems. Kids can be cruel, etc. Assuming it turns out to be what the forum wants, I don't see how an extra layer of protection could possibly hurt anyone.

#7 ·
In general, there's a lot less very personal/sensitive information on this section than the sub-forums that have now been made private, however, for the sake of the younger members on this site, who might be less responsible and be at a greater risk, I'm gonna have to say yes, it's a good idea to make it private. Also, threads tend to stick around on this section for much longer than other sections, which could be an added privacy concern.

#8 ·
If we do add the extra privacy setting, we can always reverse it if it doesn't work out in practice.

#15 ·
Privacy level added:

If not logged in - can see the Teens forum, can see the threads in the forum, but cannot view thread content (similar to 'The Work Place' section).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.