Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially the internet, it's becoming one vast shopping mall. How long until you can have food fly out of your printer to? Less and less people are depending on others for daily life.

Technology is designed to keep people away from each other and connect them closer to the product, look at iPhones. You can sit on a bus and completely shut out everyone around you. You can express your opinions to the world from the comfort of your own home like I'm doing right now.

Although all of this is still in the early phase, I am excited to see the next 50 years and become like my Grandpa *****ing about a better time... we shall see anyway! :clap

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yeah the good old days when people with SA would spend days alone entirely and not even have distant online friends to talk to. Ah, my childhood.

I don't know about you but I like talking to my family overseas at will and not wait months for a letter.

Just my personal experience, but on the bus people seem to block each other out even when they don't have any tech devices with them, just sit and look out the window. Heck, you could do the same with a book or magazine. Is that blocking everyone out too?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts