Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does tea help with anxiety/social anxiety or no? My ma told me that it doesn't, but I wasn't too sure about it, so here I am...:|

·
Banned
4,253 Posts
Green tea? Black? White? I find a cuppa white tea like us english drink is warming/comforting I guess but does nothing for anxiety. I personally find green tea helps me feel calm and relaxed therefore reducing anxiety but its not a remedy for it or anything.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
All tea has caffeine. I never understood why it was suggested to be calming.

Try herbal teas instead. Chamomile is usually best.

·
I can't take this...
493 Posts
Does tea help with anxiety/social anxiety or no? My ma told me that it doesn't, but I wasn't too sure about it, so here I am...:|
Certain teas are great for anxiety, nerves, and other symptoms you may have. Try calming teas like chamomile or jasmine, healthful teas like green tea, or just experiment. It won't be a "cure" but it can help to relax you.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
I drink about 10 cups of green tea a day-lol

coffee usually makes me feel like [email protected]#$

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
A little bit - I go for chamomile and it relaxes me.

·
Banned
1,918 Posts
I think the flavonoid in teas is suppose to be calming, but it does have caffeine so it'll keep you up if you drink a lot. I used to drink a lot of black tea to stay awake but at the same time I feel really calm. Just don't drink too much, but if you are going to, drink oolong or longjing.

·
Banned
4,253 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot about herbal teas I love them. I recommend teas by Pukka and Clipper, for green tea!

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
The only reason I started drinking tea was to lesson my anxiety. When I started my placements I would be sitting in the staff room with the other nurses with nothing to do and would feel really awkward , so I started drinking tea to give me something to do and it has helped me.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I drank like 30 cups today... I think the best thing about it is that you can turn your pee really clear if you drink a lot. Plus the caffeine. o_O Definitely the caffeine!

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Not really but it's a great hobby. There are so many different teas you will never be bored unless you run out of money or you don't like trying new flavors. And then there's the paraphernalia. Teaware is often beautiful and dazzling. Tea has been around for so long that teaware has reached a state of refinement that few things have.

What it really is is contemplative and meditative. Different teas have different buzzes. It's not the same as a plain caffeine buzz. You will rarely (if ever) get jitters with tea like you do with coffee.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So I went to a Chinese store and bought some tea there. Got some Pouchong tea which kind of has a nice light good flavor and smells good. Then I remember getting some gyokuro tea awhile which was expensive, and the tea leaves were really finely cut. It's hard to make with my crappy *** tea pot that I bought.. Should've bought a better tea maker. The tea had a really strong bitter taste. It was good.

I think my brother is getting into it too because he keeps on getting these gooey snacks... so yeah.

Drinking some oolong tea right now. Yeayuh. Light in flavor, but satisfying. ^_^

·
Registered
73 Posts
5 cups of Organic White Tea a day has helped a lot at getting rid of my depression, I find myself not thinking about bad thoughts like I used to and I'm able to handle situations a lot better. I'm able to sleep better as well, I would usually take an hour or 2 for me to fall asleep, now it takes 10 mins.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
I'm not sure,some people feel it does but I've wondered if that's a placebo effect? Perhaps it's a mixture of things - the very act of slowing down,sipping something warm and soothing that brings about of level of calm?? I've tried it and had little effect,should have given it more of a go though. I like the idea of it,but too many years of drinking coffee,I just can't adjust to the taste.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi dear,
Green tea is very beneficial for controlling the anxiety and stress.
It burns the fat and reduces the extra weight. It also controls the cholesterol level.
It prevents from the heart diseases and keeps the skin fresh.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Only certain teas calm me, like jasmine green tea. Don't think it's placebo, but do need to know how to make tea, i.e. water temp, how long to steep, amount per cup, etc.

·
Wonderland
10,600 Posts
Some say Chamomile, some say green tea. Just remember to make sure it is decaffeinated because that can make you anxious. Also watch your intake of coffee, soda, chocolate and anything else with caffeine.

A good quality Green Tea. It contains L-theanine, an amino acid that has a significant anti-anxiety effect. If you have some Fennel in your spice rack, make some tea out of that. It also works pretty well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts