Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Tea: MIF (milk in first) or TIF (tea in first)?

  • MIF (Milk in first)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't drink tea with milk.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need you to answer this crucial question:

When you're having a cup of (black) tea, do you put the milk in first (MIF) or the tea in first (TIF)?

I put the milk in first, but have been told that this is WRONG!!

So, what do you do ...?

:cup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OneIsALonelyNumber said:
Wait... black tea? Never heard of it. ...
By "black tea" I mean "ordinary" tea (like Orange Pekoe, Darjeeling, Assam, etc.) as opposed to green tea or herbal teas. :)
 

·
Yup.. it's me!
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
I put milk in first so I can mix it with the sugar... mmmmm sugar... so that it will dissolve easier... my current fav is oolong tea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,340 Posts
I don't drink milk in tea, i just add sugar, sometimes lemon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,322 Posts
i *cant* drink tea.

give me a glass of tea or ipecac syrup....they both will give me the same result.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
If I drink tea, it's almost always of the green variety. But to answer your question, I put milk in last, ,along with some sugar. :popcorn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
AnxiousAmelia said:
OneIsALonelyNumber said:
Wait... black tea? Never heard of it. ...
By "black tea" I mean "ordinary" tea (like Orange Pekoe, Darjeeling, Assam, etc.) as opposed to green tea or herbal teas. :)
Actually there is such a thing as "black tea" and it doesn't refer to ordinary tea. It is the equivalent to "green tea" only it is black. When I went to an excellent herbalist/acupuncturist a few years ago he told me that some people should be drinking green tea while some should drink black tea. It depends on their metabolism. Kind of like ying and yang I guess. For my system black tea is suitable.

There are some very good black teas that are sold in grocery stores. A popular brand named "Stash" has an assortment of tasty black teas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
free thinker said:
... Actually there is such a thing as "black tea" and it doesn't refer to ordinary tea. It is the equivalent to "green tea" only it is black...
That's interesting. What does it taste like?

Scrub Ducky wrote:
You can drink tea with milk?!
Just a small amount, not half the cup or anything!

For any tea fans out there:
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

(But obviously, I don't agree with their tea policy: teabag in the cup (how uncivilized!), and milk in second, tut tut ....
)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
AnxiousAmelia said:
free thinker said:
... Actually there is such a thing as "black tea" and it doesn't refer to ordinary tea. It is the equivalent to "green tea" only it is black...
That's interesting. What does it taste like?
Of course it depends on the flavor you purchase but basically it tastes rather similar to a strong ordinary tea. There are three tasty Stash brand varieties that I drink and recommend: "Earl Grey", English Breakfast" and "Chai Spice."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
free thinker said:
AnxiousAmelia said:
[quote="free thinker":29e87]... Actually there is such a thing as "black tea" and it doesn't refer to ordinary tea. It is the equivalent to "green tea" only it is black...
That's interesting. What does it taste like?
Of course it depends on the flavor you purchase but basically it tastes rather similar to a strong ordinary tea. There are three tasty Stash brand varieties that I drink and recommend: "Earl Grey", English Breakfast" and "Chai Spice."[/quote:29e87]

I think we're getting our wires crossed, free thinker: I consider "Earl Grey" and "English Breakfast" to be ordinary (black) tea. :lol (Don't know the "Chai Spice" brand.) But maybe that's cos I drink so much of it! We drink that sort of stuff all the time over here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
AnxiousAmelia said:
I think we're getting our wires crossed, free thinker: I consider "Earl Grey" and "English Breakfast" to be ordinary (black) tea. :lol (Don't know the "Chai Spice" brand.) But maybe that's cos I drink so much of it! We drink that sort of stuff all the time over here!
The names I mentioned like Earl Grey and English Breakfast are just flavors which could be the names used for various types of tea.
Having said that, I assumed if it didn't say black tea on the box it wasn't but after doing a quick search on black tea, I'm getting the impression that ordinary tea is actually black tea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I thought you were supposed to let the tea brew before you add anything to it. I don't put real milk in tea. I use that non-dairy creamer and some honey after I brew the tea.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top