Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say you come across this random person on myspace, find them attractive and want to get to know them to see what their personality is like. Do you do it? What about if it wasn't online?

I want to do it but I'm afraid of looking like an idiot. :/ Has anybody had a good experience with this sort of situation?

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I talk to people online. Not really always people I'm attracted to, just for conversation, and most turn out to be really nice and cool.
I say go for it.

Offline, I'm not as casual about it. Scares me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Do it. A lot of people find great friends/love online. Just be real casual in your tone and try to not scare him off.

If it wasn't online? fuggetaboutit (at least for me). I hate approaching people but good looking people? There's no chance in hell.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree, go for it definitely. I'm sometimes too shy to contact people online too, but then I remind myself that it's usually pretty anonymous and if it doesn't work out or if the person turns out to be not so nice, there's no real harm done. Virtual rejection hurts too but somehow it's less personal. And a lot of the time, the person is really worth the extra effort. :yes

·
Registered
928 Posts
I mostly start online 'friendships' with people from forums. Because we usually start off talking about what we have in common.. (whatever our interest in the related forum).
I have 1 very good 'online friendship' with a guy in California. We just started off talking bout admin stuff on a forum (Im admin, friend is site owner). Now I feel like I can talk about anything with him! I hope to one day go over there.

The great thing is, I try to be as honest as I can about who I am and people still want to 'chat'. Kinda makes me think there is good people out there.

Online it is easy to 'get to know people', in the real world.. I suck at making friends and keeping the friendship going. I also would never show my real self, my true feelings.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've met a bunch of really cool people in this depression chat I go to. One of them is like exactly the same as me.

So my advice is look for friends in a social anxiety / depression chat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts