Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get back into the "work force" but my SA makes it hard to make chit chat with coworkers who are my age. I just don't know what to say to other women! I'm not good at gossip. They seem so disinterested and apathetic about everything. I just don't understand social cues. Asking questions and being interested is always the advice, but amongst girls my age they look at me like I have a third eye. I just get the feeling they're looking at me and thinking "OMG WHAT is this girls problem? I'm going to...text over here now..." This stuff works with chatting up men and kids and older people and people with kids, but it just doesn't seem to work on other girls.

A big problem for me is...I just don't know what kind of girl I am. I'm super laid back, sometimes cynical, sometimes silly. I'm a total nerd, but I like to take care of my body and dress up. Other girls think I'm a stuck up *****, but I'm a total dork and want to blabber on about the new Episode of Dexter or Fringe or talk about new games coming out. I'd love to have a girl friend though, somebody I could get a smoothie with or a manicure and talk about boys with LOL

It's hard to strike the right balance...anybody I've ever thought I'd get on well with always turns out to be waaaaaay too pessimistic and broody or a total spaz. UGH. haha oh well. What do I doooo?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts